3rd Round- Nashville Christian(11-1) host Wayne County(12-0)

wildcatalumni

Silly jedi betting against Peabody is not smart in the playoffs! If younrun the veer against Ncs they will shut you down! Explanation os theybare so used to seeing UC in the playoffs you know they are ready for a veer type game!!!!!

If Peabody's players trash a locker room and the fans trash the stands like they did at UC, then how bad is it going to be after they get monkey stomped in West Nashville next week? 

Wrong again Dorothy!

Coach Rickey Rice winning % is 61.1% and he has a 69.4% winning % in his 18 years as HC of WC.

This is his 19th season making the playoffs out of 25. He has 21 Playoff W's. Has reached the Qtrfinals 6 seasons.

Wnat really killed his % was coaching to coach at Perry County a year after they brought the football program back.. from '01-'05 he had a win% of 29%.

We MOST definitely have the advantage in the coaching department. And that's nothing against Brothers!

Thanks for the correction Rainman. Don't want to short Coach Rice a full 0.5%. I'll stick with the consistent growth of Coach Brothers taking NCS to the playoffs every year since he has been there and getting them to the Semis the past three years (soon to be four). Rice has more years to draw from, including those years at Perry County, and a slightly better winning percentage but I wouldn't say you MOST definitely have a coaching advantage.

Good morning all! Yes, as a matter of fact I did just get up. I was so hurt by all the comments yesterday I had to have some extra sleep! On a serious note, really a serious note. These games come along for our boys very few times in ours and their lives. I for one, know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I will be squalling my eyes out when my son plays his last game. That won't be Friday night. Not because Im predicting an NCS victory, but because he is an underclassman. Whoever loses this game Friday will have to face this with their senior boys. I salute you Dads, whatever side you're on! When I think back to all the pitch and catch, the timed forties in the side yard, the 5 degree and 105 degree workouts in our barn, I realize that those times are coming to an end soon. I know each one of you have gone through the same thing with your son. Cheers to every one of you for being a great dad!! One thing I have always hated about texting, email, etc., is that the party on the other end can only read. There is no perception of voice tone. I like to think of this like a few guys ribbing each other in a sports bar. I hope you guys understand that is what this is for me. Im still going to voice my opinion! Whatever side you are on, spend some extra quality time with your boy this week!! GO EAGLES

+ 1,well said!!!!!      GO CATS

Shows exactly how much you know. Everything you said has got absolutely nothing to do with who has home field next week. Check the TSSAA website and it will show you starting with quarterfinal games the team on the top bracket is home team.

Actually the one with the "H" is the home team. And we're on the top of the bracket. So you're right, but you're wrong so it shows exactly how much you know. Sometimes you don't know what you don't know until you know that you don't know it...you know?

If Peabody's players trash a locker room and the fans trash the stands like they did at UC, then how bad is it going to be after they get monkey stomped in West Nashville next week? 

It's not a concern. We keep plenty of Po Po around in case people decide they want to stay in Nashville a couple of months longer.

Good morning all! Yes, as a matter of fact I did just get up. I was so hurt by all the comments yesterday I had to have some extra sleep! On a serious note, really a serious note. These games come along for our boys very few times in ours and their lives. I for one, know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I will be squalling my eyes out when my son plays his last game. That won't be Friday night. Not because Im predicting an NCS victory, but because he is an underclassman. Whoever loses this game Friday will have to face this with their senior boys. I salute you Dads, whatever side you're on! When I think back to all the pitch and catch, the timed forties in the side yard, the 5 degree and 105 degree workouts in our barn, I realize that those times are coming to an end soon. I know each one of you have gone through the same thing with your son. Cheers to every one of you for being a great dad!! One thing I have always hated about texting, email, etc., is that the party on the other end can only read. There is no perception of voice tone. I like to think of this like a few guys ribbing each other in a sports bar. I hope you guys understand that is what this is for me. Im still going to voice my opinion! Whatever side you are on, spend some extra quality time with your boy this week!! GO EAGLES

Excellent post !!!!

Great post! I stood on the field at JoByrns in 2010 after losing with my oldest and then last year at NCS with my middle son, it's was two of the worse feelings I've ever went through. All you dads with seniors, enjoy it while you can!

+1.  Went through this last year with a senior.  Can you imagine trying to console (and work in a teaching moment) a young man that had hoped for 3 years to kick a game-winning FG in a state championship game?  And get waxed by UC 2 years in a row where the kicking game was completely nullified.  That was tough.

Nice post!