3rd Round- Nashville Christian(11-1) host Wayne County(12-0)

wildcatalumni

There is a youtube channel called Ballgame Blitz. All of the games are west TN teams. There are actually alumni games from some of the old timers. We found a Wayne county game and I saw this guy running out on the field and Thought "My God....He's huge!" Then I realized it was old fat guys. We would fit right in there!

Yeah we playes an Alumni game in pull pads on May 1st beating collinwood 8-0. Toot my lil horn...I was one of 2 MVPs!!

Yall wanta play us this spring???

Thought this was interesting to read from the Tennessean

the 1A quarterfinals.

CLASS 1A

Favorite: Nashville Christian (11-1). Thanks, Peabody. If you talked to Nashville Christian faithful prior to the season, being in the same bracket as Union City usually accompanied postseason talk. With Peabody snapping the two-time defending champs’ 39-game winning streak, the door is wide open for Coach Jeff Brothers, Mr. Football finalist Daniel Bituli and the rest of the Eagles.

Top contender: Columbia Academy (12-0). The Bulldogs face a very stiff challenge in South Pittsburg (9-3) this week, but the Pirates better bring their defense. No team has held Columbia Academy to fewer than 40 points. Multi-talented athlete Taylor Thompson and his squad could be poised for a BlueCross Bowl run.

Wrong place, wrong time: Wayne County (12-0). Mr. Football finalist Preston Rice (31 TDs, 2 INTs) has had Wayne County on a roll all season, and Friday’s quarterfinal matchup with Nashville Christian should be one of the best games of the night. One of these teams will unfortunately pack it in for the season.

Overview: Don’t count out Harriman (9-3), which has cranked up its offense during the playoffs, scoring 100 points in two games and knocking off defending runner-up Coalfield.