3A Quarterfinals: CAK at Alcoa (The Annual Rematch)

AlcoaBasketball

With all my posts....I hope it came through that I have much respect and admiration for all Alcoa/Maryville fans, people, the players and program.....I just know ya'll like takin!

Let's eat some steaks....unless we lose....then I'll buy one maybe...something like that lol

Peace and love...and figure skating to the loser!! (don't let my daughter see this post)

Ya know you love me. :)

I do....some of you really make it worth while to read these boards and you're one of them....many others on here on these two teams.

CoachT should pay you and many others.

Now that I got you here Poppy....I'll read what the smart people have to say....this is where it's at.....

I do....some of you really make it worth while to read these boards and you're one of them....many others on here on these two teams.

Now that I got you here Poppy....I'll read what the smart people have to say....this is where it's at.....

What's the injury situation like with you guys currently. Word on the street is ya boys wasn't firing on all cyclinders the first go round. Have ya healed up??

What's the injury situation like with you guys currently. Word on the street is ya boys wasn't firing on all cyclinders the first go round. Have ya healed up??

Yes and no. Best player on the team is back, along with a couple of other key contributors, but we lost two more senior starters vs. Betsy.

I am surprised to hear 2 more senior starters are out. I saw 3 go out but didn't see any others go out, with the exception of when starters were pulled. I'm sorry to hear that for those young men. If you are able to elaborate that would be appreciated. Also, is 24 expected to return?

I will elaborate, but I'm inclined to wait until Friday to do so here. While I doubt the Alcoa coaches lurk about on this place looking for information on injury reports for lowly opponents like CAK, I'm reluctant to take the chance that something I say here early in the week might find its way to Tornado coaches and assist in any way, however slight, in preparing for personnel or formations they're likely to see on Friday night. Remind me later in the week and I'll give you a more detailed rundown when it's too late to matter to Alcoa coaches. At this point, my general assessment is there's some positive news injury-wise, and some negative. The Warriors who are healthy enough to play better prepare themselves to play on both sides of the ball and grind out every play until the horn blows and if they do, they have a chance to give the Tornadoes a challenge. My gut tells me this game is likely to be more competitive than the regular season encounter.

I am surprised to hear 2 more senior starters are out. I saw 3 go out but didn't see any others go out, with the exception of when starters were pulled. I'm sorry to hear that for those young men. If you are able to elaborate that would be appreciated. Also, is 24 expected to return?

I will elaborate, but I'm inclined to wait until Friday to do so here. While I doubt the Alcoa coaches lurk about on this place looking for information on injury reports for lowly opponents like CAK, I'm reluctant to take the chance that something I say here early in the week might find its way to Tornado coaches and assist in any way, however slight, in preparing for personnel or formations they're likely to see on Friday night. Remind me later in the week and I'll give you a more detailed rundown when it's too late to matter to Alcoa coaches. At this point, my general assessment is there's some positive news injury-wise, and some negative. The Warriors who are healthy enough to play better prepare themselves to play on both sides of the ball and grind out every play until the horn blows and if they do, they have a chance to give the Tornadoes a challenge. My gut tells me this game is likely to be more competitive than the regular season encounter.

Tell us what we want to hear!

judge-wormer.jpg

How many players does Alcoa have on there team.

If memory serves, this is the smallest roster they've had in recent years, with somewhere between 75-80. In most recent years, I have seen rosters in the 80-90 range, perhaps in the 90-100 range at times. One of the Alcoa supporters can give you more detail if they elect to.