Mt Juliet 6-6

GhostbusterBob

Used to work at SRMC and met her there. I wanted to live in MJ and she wanted to stay in Gallatin. I left SRMC and went to Skyline so we came to an agreement of Station Camp area. She still won but its the best deal I was gonna get. Gotta keep momma happy, right? Always good to read your posts GWave even if we don't agree all the time.

Edited by SCBisondad

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not a fan of SC no doubt but the area is nice. I am not going to high jack this thread just remember the offer remains until your son gets a varsity athletic record.

Interesting thoughts so far on Trey and what he has done at MJ so far. I hear his dad is getting inducted into the HoF this year. Very well deserved. MJ has always had a hard nosed group of guys no matter the coach. I have a lot of respect for the MJ community because of the type of games over the years. They have great facilities and I know several parents and supporters over there. It has always been a great rivalry.

I am not a fan of SC no doubt but the area is nice. I am not going to high jack this thread just remember the offer remains until your son gets a varsity athletic record.

Interesting thoughts so far on Trey and what he has done at MJ so far. I hear his dad is getting inducted into the HoF this year. Very well deserved. MJ has always had a hard nosed group of guys no matter the coach. I have a lot of respect for the MJ community because of the type of games over the years. They have great facilities and I know several parents and supporters over there. It has always been a great rivalry.

Welcome back to the light side.

Yes MJ was lacking speed in the skilled positions but if you coach them to be in the right positions,take the right angles, run crisp routes, etc. it can equal out. Its been mentioned a few times on here that MJ's problem is their too "Caucasian" to win. Well, MJ has always been like that even when RP was coaching and winning. You can have a team loaded with speed and great athletes, but if your lacking a good coach and them kids buying into/respecting that coach, your still going to have a hard time being successful. One example:Hunters Lane. A lot of speed and athletes. It didn't translate into wins for them.

MJGB, I know we disagree on coach TP but I actually would love to say your right and I was wrong. Hopefully next year he will prove me wrong cause I know we all want the same thing in the end. A winning program again. With being a young team this year and a lot of returners next year what is your expectations? Unless their are transfers coming in its basically the same team. (Lack of speed). What if its another average team? Coaching change or not?

Edited by SCBisondad

MJGB, I know we disagree on coach TP but I actually would love to say your right and I was wrong. Hopefully next year he will prove me wrong cause I know we all want the same thing in the end. A winning program again. With being a young team this year and a lot of returners next year what is your expectations? Unless their are transfers coming in its basically the same team. (Lack of speed). What if its another average team? Coaching change or not?

Only time will tell, I will close out this argument with a few good points.. Next year will be the year Coach T has officially had his players since they were freshman. They have bought into his system, they have been there since the beginning to understand the system in place. Just as when Coach Roger was there for his fourth year, that's when things really began to change for the better considering he was a able to coach those players since freshman year. If the job doesn't get done next year, then the Anti Coach TP people have a valid point. Until then I'm very optimistic about next year. He had had these players since freshman year and has almost his whole team returning.

P.s. He went from 4 wins his first season to 6 wins his third. Along with no playoffs, first round, and now second round this year. The facts are hard to grip for Anti TP crowd, but it's something you can't just shrug aside,,,, tuffinitout, ghostbusterbob, and skipbayless...... Can't wait to see what you have to say about this one

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

Let's hope for the kids sake you're right.

As much as I rag on the overall talent, the kids are hard workers. The coaching staff probably puts in the most effort than any other staff in TN. It's not really translated yet, but returning so many players next year, I'm hoping the average player skill set makes an upgrade. Honestly the only way to stick with the top teams is to have playmakers. These kids will definitely work hard in the offseason.

one exception is GWave which I know has stated in the past he wasn't sold on TP as a head coach.

I cannot make the decision for MJ. I am not for or against him. I would like to see MJ field good teams and finish 9–1 every year in the regular season. I feel the same way with Station Camp and Coach Hollinsworth. He can stay as long as he likes too.

That is why I added the last sentence. It was not directed at you.

So just how does a MJ graduate with a wife a GHS graduate end up at SC?? Man come over from the dark side and join up with the Green Wave!!! Lol!! I promise you huge success in the future!!

I was wondering the same thing. He needs to change his name to GHSdad.

I see all these things said about the coaches and players on MJ team and I wonder how some of you would feel if they were talking about your child not having any talent. There are some great kids that play on that team and it is not fair to them for you all to be having this discussion. The coach is paid to coach and teach. The administration is paid to decide if they will continue to coach and teach and unless one of you are the AD or principle then your opinion doesn't matter. If you don't like the coaching or talent then don't watch them play. I don't know the coach or even have an opinion about his ability but I personally know a couple of the kids that plays on the team and they are great kids. One of them is going to play D1 football and I imagine that is a lot further than some of you saying MJ has no talent. College coaches and NFL coaches deserve this discussion but high school coaches don't deserve to be insulted like they are on coacht boards.