CPA basketball interesting year ahead

Mothman26

I pasted your quotes yet you claim to be "misquoted"? Really? You're actually trying to use that defense?

To question someone's integrity when you have clearly attempted to paint the coach, his associates, and that school in a bad light is shameful. You crossed the line of merely opining that he's not a great coach when you "explained" what took place when you left the CPA program.

You can continue this if you like but this thread and your posts prove everything I just said. I'm sure you are a nice man and have heard many good things about you but this course of action is uncalled for.

Here we go again, different screen name, same old rhetoric.  Defending and justifying when you are the one not being honest and attempting to manipulate my words. We can disagree on what lines have been crossed, anyone is entitled to their opinion, but remember that is your opinion, does not make it the gospel. I don't put anyone in a bad light, can't blame me for other's actions simply because I chose to shed light.  Other's actions are not my problem.  You paste an actual quote of mine that uses "bad coach" or "little talent."  Course you won't be able to, but looks like that won't stop you from defending and justifying your actions. Go ahead, I am more than used to it, all in the name of Christianity.  

The day when someone can actually prove that my "explanations" were based on anything false or untrue is the day I repent and stop posting.  Course there is a reason why no one has ever been able to do it.  Feel free to try, many have tried before you and have failed.  And there is a reason why that is true as well.  But I guess you will be different, cause you will actually have facts as opposed to believing who you want to believe regardless of truth.  Yea right...

I pasted your quotes yet you claim to be "misquoted"? Really? You're actually trying to use that defense?

To question someone's integrity when you have clearly attempted to paint the coach, his associates, and that school in a bad light is shameful. You crossed the line of merely opining that he's not a great coach when you "explained" what took place when you left the CPA program.

You can continue this if you like but this thread and your posts prove everything I just said. I'm sure you are a nice man and have heard many good things about you but this course of action is uncalled for.

Some people believe that CPA has acted properly, some people don't.  What does it add to pick each other's posts apart?  Have at it, but it doesn't add anything to the discussion. 

Here we go again, different screen name, same old rhetoric. Defending and justifying when you are the one not being honest and attempting to manipulate my words. We can disagree on what lines have been crossed, anyone is entitled to their opinion, but remember that is your opinion, does not make it the gospel. I don't put anyone in a bad light, can't blame me for other's actions simply because I chose to shed light. Other's actions are not my problem. You paste an actual quote of mine that uses "bad coach" or "little talent." Course you won't be able to, but looks like that won't stop you from defending and justifying your actions. Go ahead, I am more than used to it, all in the name of Christianity.

The day when someone can actually prove that my "explanations" were based on anything false or untrue is the day I repent and stop posting. Course there is a reason why no one has ever been able to do it. Feel free to try, many have tried before you and have failed. And there is a reason why that is true as well. But I guess you will be different, cause you will actually have facts as opposed to believing who you want to believe regardless of truth. Yea right...

You sure do think highly of yourself coach. This thread has your posts all in it. There's no hiding from what's here. Feel free to deny and monologue but folks can see for themselves.

You sure do think highly of yourself coach. This thread has your posts all in it. There's no hiding from what's here. Feel free to deny and monologue but folks can see for themselves.

We can see for ourselves that you CANNOT quote him saying what you claim he says.

The numbers of wins/losses so far this season speak for themselves, and have nothing to do with anything anyone says.  It's the first year since Jaylen Lindsey was in 8th grade, that Maddux hasn't had any star recruits.

As I've said before, I'm glad they are a school team, and not an AAU team, in CPA uniforms. I'd love to know why all of a sudden things changed.

The basketball crowd at CPA seems to be having a hard time with losing.  I mean learning...

Nope, you didn't do it, didn't show my actual quotes with "little talent" and "bad coach." No need for me to discuss further since you have lost all credibility.  Continue to post, but no one will believe you since you have been exposed.  That is the way this works.  

BTW, I more than realize I have violated an unwritten rule of coaching and knew it was personally risky.  Only problem is I don't think that unwritten rule is supported by Scriptures.  Anyone who has a problem with "shedding light" would have a lot of problem with the Bible.  I never broached this subject, never started any threads, but was brought into it.  Those like you started it and mentioned me personally.  No sense in being upset now that I am willing to stay until finished.  Like Big Chief says "two way street."  You "guys" try to make the rules then don't like it when someone chooses to play by your rules.  

Nope, you didn't do it, didn't show my actual quotes with "little talent" and "bad coach." No need for me to discuss further since you have lost all credibility. Continue to post, but no one will believe you since you have been exposed. That is the way this works.

BTW, I more than realize I have violated an unwritten rule of coaching and knew it was personally risky. Only problem is I don't think that unwritten rule is supported by Scriptures. Anyone who has a problem with "shedding light" would have a lot of problem with the Bible. I never broached this subject, never started any threads, but was brought into it. Those like you started it and mentioned me personally. No sense in being upset now that I am willing to stay until finished. Like Big Chief says "two way street." You "guys" try to make the rules then don't like it when someone chooses to play by your rules.

You can't change the narrative now. You also can't take the high moral ground after making multiple comments inre character. Making comments about being at a Christian school and the bible are uncalled for.

You mention rules but you made the comments coach. Nobody made you.

I had no clue who you were until someone brought it up. Then, after reading your posts, it was clear you weren't interested in being objective but instead wanted to take liberties when possible.

I know Bigchief well. Saw him after Christmas. I think he would agree that after your tome and questioning of my character a response was needed. Your MO is to attack folks or make snide remarks when an opposing view is given. Why? Because you have deep rooted negative feelings towards the coach and school for what you "perceive" to be the truth.

Now, do I think CPA is the best coached team around? Nope. However, I have seen enough of the MS/HS programs to know they are coached well. Maybe they will have a good season? I don't know? Regardless, the sample size of watching those teams perform shows me the coaching is just fine.

You ...fine.

Still didn't do it, with all those words, still didn't produce my quotes with words "little talent" and "bad coach."  When a person takes that road, that is more than reason enough to question anyone's integrity.  You are right a response is needed, it is either produce what you say I said or apologize.  Unfortunately, you chose the wrong response.

Edited by kbrks

Still didn't do it, with all those words, still didn't produce my quotes with words "little talent" and "bad coach." When a person takes that road, that is more than reason enough to question anyone's integrity. You are right a response is needed, it is either produce what you say I said or apologize. Unfortunately, you chose the wrong response.

Any if your posts on 11/19 show your disdain for CPAs coach and show what you think. Its there written for everyone to see. You can try to argue semantics or interpretation but that won't deflect attention from your comments.

Additionally, your almost giddy posts asking about scores from losses and your comments about your departure clearly show your frustration.

Its amazing you are defending all your attacks and comments? Sometimes coach it's best to just let it go. You made this bed.

Any if your posts on 11/19 show your disdain for CPAs coach and show what you think. Its there written for everyone to see. You can try to argue semantics or interpretation but that won't deflect attention from your comments.

Additionally, your almost giddy posts asking about scores from losses and your comments about your departure clearly show your frustration.

Its amazing you are defending all your attacks and comments? Sometimes coach it's best to just let it go. You made this bed.

Still the wrong response.

If you would take your head out of the sand and peer about, you would understand that many share the thoughts expressed by Coach Brooks.  I have the utmost respect for Coach Martin and his staff, but can't say the same of Coach Maddux after watching the way the basketball program has operated in recent years.  Unfortunately, that loss of respect colors my view of the entire institution, both school and church.  Sorry, but that's my opinion and there are many, many others who feel the same way.  You can whine at Coach Brooks and others on this board all you want, but the athletic department's actions speak far louder than do your words.

If you would take your head out of the sand and peer about, you would understand that many share the thoughts expressed by Coach Brooks. I have the utmost respect for Coach Martin and his staff, but can't say the same of Coach Maddux after watching the way the basketball program has operated in recent years. Unfortunately, that loss of respect colors my view of the entire institution, both school and church. Sorry, but that's my opinion and there are many, many others who feel the same way. You can whine at Coach Brooks and others on this board all you want, but the athletic department's actions speak far louder than do your words.

You obviously cannot comprehend the point I'm making here. Having a different opinion is not the issue being discussed with coach now. The issue is the attack he made against me and the odd defense he's used by denying he made certain comments.

Try to clear your mind next time and see that making personal attacks against folks who disagree is uncalled for. That is why I responded to coach.