CPA basketball interesting year ahead

Mothman26

PlayersCoach, housekeeping made the bed at CPA not Kbrks. That is fact. The program was a solid and consistent winner the right way with home grown kids. After that, the situation turned very different very quickly. Those are facts as well. I think getting burned by the dark side of AAU may have caused the sudden change of heart. Funny when it gets done to you it takes the giddiness out of it.

As for you and Kbrks, you both have your own side to the debate. Obviously, neither is going to change their outlook.  Letting it get to this point is on the two of you. Both need to let it go.

Care to elaborate on "getting burned by the dark side of AAU may have caused the sudden change of heart"?

• 3 weeks later...

Back to the topic: CPA has a mediocre record (for them) at 12-7. Interesting to note that one of those losses was to an average Ridgeway team over Christmas. But look at the records of the other 6 teams that beat them:

- Cane Ridge - 16-1 (#10 in the state)

- Pope John Paul - 16-4 (#7 in the state)

- Corinth, MS - 19-1 (#2 in the state)

- University Lab, La - 17-3 (#3 in the state)

- Spain Park, AL - 16-7 (#2 in the state)

- Mountain Brook, AL - 17-5 (#5 in the state)

CPA is now 5-0 in their district. They are not, by far, a state contender, but I finally went to a game last week and, to be honest, it is amazing how well they have done with what they had coming back and the young guys on the bench. They start 1 Sr., 2 Jr.,1 Soph., and 1 Fr.

They returned only 1 starter from last year - their 4th leading scorer, and one other player that was in their top 5 off the bench. Only 2 of their top 10 players returning.

They have won every game they should have won, and even upset a team or two. They may not go far in postseason, but they are having a good year with the talent they have.

?????

I would say when you beat any good team with 1 returning starter and 1 other second 5 returning player and only about 15% of your previous year's scoring, it is an upset. 

But they definitely "upset" Westview who is now 15-3 and only lost to Simeon, Ill by 7. They also would have been considered underdogs against Webb, who beat a good FRA team and handed Fulton their only loss, and a good CAK team, who beat FRA and a very good Knox. Cath. team.

The KY tourney they won was not great competition but it was at least equal competition and they won it on the road. That was an upset, IMO.

But I get it, they can never do enough for you to give them or their coaches any props. If they win every game, you consider them cheaters and classless. If they lose every game, you consider it bad coaching. No one will change your outlook, so I won't even try.

Just thought I would try to update the thread subject which was "CPA basketball interesting year ahead". Have a great night.

Edited by sportsnerd

...But I get it, they can never do enough for you to give them or their coaches any props. If they win every game, you consider them cheaters and classless. If they lose every game, you consider it bad coaching. No one will change your outlook, so I won't even try...

No, you don't get it, but you and certain others never have.  Asking a question since you did not give any support to the statement in your original post should not be a problem.  Simply wondering what you meant.  Being met with that type of defensiveness and response says a lot about you.  You are absolutely wrong.  I have never considered them cheaters and classless based on winning or bad coaching based on losing.  I have provided the reasons for why I believe what I believe and it has nothing to do with simply winning or losing.  And if you were honest and objective you would admit the types of comments you made have no basis in truth.  But not to worry, I am used to it and you have taught me to expect nothing less. 

Edited by kbrks