CPA basketball interesting year ahead

Mothman26

Must be fun for you to participate as well, and I do agree, you have described yourself well. :rolleyes:

Now coach come on. This is your M.O. Don't bring me in to this. It's fun to watch this. You fancy yourself as a renaissance guy. You made it clear that mortals like me don't know good coaching from bad. I just enjoy your posts for the "dramatic flare". Thank you. ðŸ‘

Edited by Playerscoach

Now coach come on. This is your M.O. Don't bring me in to this. It's fun to watch this. You fancy yourself as a renaissance guy. You made it clear that mortals like me don't know good coaching from bad. I just enjoy your posts for the "dramatic flare". Thank you.

If you say so, but then again you have that lack of credibility thing going on and the ability to misinterpret.  Oops, you did it again, "You made it clear that mortals like me don't know good coaching from bad."  Enjoy...

If you say so, but then again you have that lack of credibility thing going on and the ability to misinterpret. Oops, you did it again, "You made it clear that mortals like me don't know good coaching from bad." Enjoy...

You cant help yourself. You reply to a post I didnt direct at you then you take shots. Your posting history is full of snide and arrogant comments. Your consistently juvenile comments in this thread regarding CPA, folks who have a different opinion, and anyone who you deem inferior are here for all to see. You cannot change the narrative with all these posts even though you've tried hard. Credibility is certainly an issue of perspective with you. One thing though, I would suggest you objectively read each word you have written in the thread then look in the mirror? Maybe you'll see how others see you?

Go ahead and respond to this so you can get the last word in so this silliness ends. Maybe someday I'll see you at a local gym and buy you some popcorn then laugh about all this goofiness?

Ancient Chinese proverbs paraphrased: 1.The more you despise something the more it controls you. 2. Knowledge and intelligence do not always cross paths. 3. The path of the righteous is fraught with dead ends. Enlightenment comes from the search. 4. When you think your field of knowledge is full, you are not prepared for the harvest.

Now before you both think that these are for the other guy, think again. PLEASE.

There is no doubt that the basketball program has done shady things in the past. The facts are obvious and glaring. However, it would seem that this year has seen a return to what once defined the school's athletic programs. Home-grown kids that are being coached and having success. Perhaps the results of his dark side foray last year gave him a change of heart? Maybe the Admin decided the "mission" had gone awry? Who really knows.

As I watched their junior high and 5/6th grade teams this year it is obvious they have the talent to be successful without bringing in entire AAU teams for their 9th grade years or "moving" kids in from wherever. Now you just have to continue the Brentwood Academy tradition of "redshirting" all your male athletes in 6/7th grade to max out their growth years. That happens all over now anyway. Teams full of 13 year old 6th graders and 15 year old 8th graders. Parents chasing a dream for a kid. Sad what we have turned high school sports into.

CPA won big last night against Cascade who was ranked 5th in the state at one time then traveled to play JO Johnson, Alabama's defending 5 A state champion who returned all 10 players and is currently ranked #1 in 5A and #2 overall in the State.  Took them to the wire with a chance to win the game on the final shot.  Great effort boys. 

Edited by jett

CPA doesn't have the one true superstar that they've had in recent years but what they do have is a bunch of solid players who don't make errors that you see a typical public school team at the AA level commit. They'll cruise through the district, region, and substate in all likelihood and when they play a team like JSS it will be a battle.

There is no doubt that the basketball program has done shady things in the past. The facts are obvious and glaring. However, it would seem that this year has seen a return to what once defined the school's athletic programs. Home-grown kids that are being coached and having success. Perhaps the results of his dark side foray last year gave him a change of heart? Maybe the Admin decided the "mission" had gone awry? Who really knows.

As I watched their junior high and 5/6th grade teams this year it is obvious they have the talent to be successful without bringing in entire AAU teams for their 9th grade years or "moving" kids in from wherever. Now you just have to continue the Brentwood Academy tradition of "redshirting" all your male athletes in 6/7th grade to max out their growth years. That happens all over now anyway. Teams full of 13 year old 6th graders and 15 year old 8th graders. Parents chasing a dream for a kid. Sad what we have turned high school sports into.

I agree.  Would have preferred they come clean, and acknowledged that they did wrong years ago, before so much damage was done to the school's reputation.  Let's hope going forward they will continue to do the right thing.  Then maybe they will have more upperclassmen playing in the future as well.

It's been obvious for years, that there are enough talented athletes at CPA to field a decent basketball team.  Even without the red-shirting and graduating 19 year olds...

CPA won big last night against Cascade who was ranked 5th in the state at one time then traveled to play JO Johnson, Alabama's defending 5 A state champion who returned all 10 players and is currently ranked #1 in 5A and #2 overall in the State.  Took them to the wire with a chance to win the game on the final shot.  Great effort boys. 

When was Cascade ranked 5th in state? The year CPA was 1st?  

Ancient Chinese proverbs paraphrased: 1.The more you despise something the more it controls you. 2. Knowledge and intelligence do not always cross paths. 3. The path of the righteous is fraught with dead ends. Enlightenment comes from the search. 4. When you think your field of knowledge is full, you are not prepared for the harvest.

Now before you both think that these are for the other guy, think again. PLEASE.

There is no doubt that the basketball program has done shady things in the past. The facts are obvious and glaring. However, it would seem that this year has seen a return to what once defined the school's athletic programs. Home-grown kids that are being coached and having success. Perhaps the results of his dark side foray last year gave him a change of heart? Maybe the Admin decided the "mission" had gone awry? Who really knows...

Personally, I don't care who it is for, if someone wants to say something to me, take the direct approach.  I can talk/debate with anyone who can be honest and willing to understand another person's side.  Based on your past posts, I do think you understand and have insight which I assume means you are actually involved in the profession.  And I don't disagree yet (since I haven't seen this year's team play) on your most recent assessment.  Now if you think Playerscoach has any business giving critique and advice on how another person posts, that is a whole other story...

When was Cascade ranked 5th in state? The year CPA was 1st?  

My bad they were ranked Third.... 

CLASS AA

School Record Pts

1. Fulton (7) 12-0

2. Jackson South Side (1) 11-0

3. Cascade (1) 11-0

4. Ripley (1) 12-4 54

5. East Nashville 13-2 48

6. Upperman 13-2 45

7. Westview 10-2 38

8. Obion County 11-2 35

9. Chattanooga Central 9-1 27