CPA basketball interesting year ahead

Mothman26

I agree.  Would have preferred they come clean, and acknowledged that they did wrong years ago, before so much damage was done to the school's reputation.  Let's hope going forward they will continue to do the right thing.  Then maybe they will have more upperclassmen playing in the future as well.

It's been obvious for years, that there are enough talented athletes at CPA to field a decent basketball team.  Even without the red-shirting and graduating 19 year olds...

Could not agree more rulefollower.  If you look at the non-transfer/AAU years,I believe it was:

2000-05 years - 1 state tourney appearance/1 state tourney win, 3 sectional/sweet 16 appearances/2 regional championships, averaged 20 wins per year 

2006-10 & 2015-16 - 1 state tourney appearance, 2 sectional/sweet 16 appearances/2 regional championships, averaged 20+ wins per year

Success any school should be on board with.  Hopefully now certain administrators, coaches, parents and supporters have learned the lessons.  Now if certain supporters have less bravado when winning and more conciliation congratulations when opponents win...

Always thought CPA demonstrated graciousness in defeat with kind words and

applause. "Bravado"? SOME kids will show bravado...always have. The

maturation process may help with that. Hope you've found peace.

To cite one example, outside of FBgirl who always demonstrates class on these boards and sportsnerd can't say I have seen many others congratulate Whites Creek for their sectional win.  And I have seen quite a bit of bravado posted from some when CPA wins over these past few years.

Yes, I found true peace in the summer of 1978, but nothing I would think you need to be concerned with...

This coming from a guy whose teams best player was a "transfer" this year?!?

Let's see the one you are referring to came to Jackson County after he was cut by Cookeville. We've had exactly one boys player move in over the past 25 years. So don't insinuate we are anything like your team or CPA. How did that Goodpasture team come out this year?

A lot of CPA fans probably know nothing about Coacht. Do you attend games because graciousness in defeat is demonstrated. Again, SOME kids (and some immature adults) brag about their team. Not unique here. Please...take the last word.

Keep it in context since you took it out of my original context.  My reference was to these boards, and now that I have clarified I am sure it is all cleared up...

Let's see the one you are referring to came to Jackson County after he was cut by Cookeville. We've had exactly one boys player move in over the past 25 years. So don't insinuate we are anything like your team or CPA. How did that Goodpasture team come out this year?

BigENS is not a Goodpasture person.

PlayersCoach, as you have noticed nobody has said a negative word about them this year because he did it with home grown kids. Drew did a great job this year. The problem comes when he "imports" players or even whole teams from year to year.

Hopefully getting burned by the dirty side has opened everyone's eyes over there to how bad it makes them look to EVERYONE else.

Well, I am part of the public as a whole, or everyone as you said, and I never thought it made them look bad. You might ask why? Because I see coaches getting a player from other schools, kids they know from the YMCA, and even through contacts they have at other schools. I don't think anything about those coaches either. However, I do find it incredibly hypocritical of fans from those schools taking issue with a school that simply gets a larger number and better skilled "transfers".

Arguing over a "highly talented" transfer and not a "reasonably talented" transfer is cherry picking. If a school accepts transfers for their program(s) there should be no complaints if another school is more successful at it. Especially when neither is found guilty of wrong-doing.