CPA basketball interesting year ahead

Mothman26

You do not wear naivete well.

Don't appreciate assumptions made. Don't approve of ANYONE doing business that way, but at the same time it is not my call. That is on them.

I didn't know it was only wrong-doing if you got caught. Sad what high school sports have become.

Truth...bigchief does not speak with forked tongue...

stop complaining. Kids want to play for great coaches

Of course they want to, but if that was the primary driving force there would actually be many, many more transfers and one would see a consistency of transfers into programs with great coaches each year. 

Edited by kbrks

"Truth...bigchief does not speak with forked tongue..."

Well.... actually that was the point of my post. Since I grew up with Bigchief, and our mothers have known each other 50+ years, we know each other very well. He knows exactly what I was referencing.

Schools, and their fans, that take "transfers" should avoid casting stones IMO.

Edited by Playerscoach

CPA did not have top 100 players this year,but they still had very good players who obviously got better playing with these recruited All-Americans. Don't think they got enough credit for the team they had this year. Great year!

You provided the answer within your own assessment.  Many, if not the high majority, will not give credit to a program who for years went the way of "recruited All-Americans" especially with a thought process of "getting away" with it.  And the conclusion will end up being could not win state or even make it to state when they did not have the most athletic talent on the floor.  Right or wrong that is simply the way it is...

PlayersCoach, as you have noticed nobody has said a negative word about them this year because he did it with home grown kids. Drew did a great job this year. The problem comes when he "imports" players or even whole teams from year to year.

Hopefully getting burned by the dirty side has opened everyone's eyes over there to how bad it makes them look to EVERYONE else.

It has certainly been refreshing to have a real school team in CPA uniforms this year.  I would have loved to have seen them go farther, but if this trend continues, and they once again have more upperclassmen playing, I believe they will in the future.

Even RBA the former headmaster commented on a recent instagram photo "I've never enjoyed watching a team, or a player, as much as *%$&, and his 2015-16 Lions.  And remember: I've seen 'em ALL!"    Kind of makes you go, hmmmm...

It has certainly been refreshing to have a real school team in CPA uniforms this year. I would have loved to have seen them go farther, but if this trend continues, and they once again have more upperclassmen playing, I believe they will in the future.

Even RBA the former headmaster commented on a recent instagram photo "I've never enjoyed watching a team, or a player, as much as *%$&, and his 2015-16 Lions. And remember: I've seen 'em ALL!" Kind of makes you go, hmmmm...

"Real school team" ? Lol

I wonder at what grade you have to attend CPA for some to consider the kids "real" and "not a transfer"?

The kids had about as good a year as could have possibly been expected. Congrats!

"Real school team" ? Lol

I wonder at what grade you have to attend CPA for some to consider the kids "real" and "not a transfer"?

The kids had about as good a year as could have possibly been expected. Congrats!

"Real" transfers probably don't live in a booster's condo during the week and drive back to their real home on the weekend.

"Real" transfers probably don't get kicked out of other schools, shop around, and end up on glorified AAU teams called the Lions.

"Real" transfers probably don't come from out of state, stay and year or two, and then leave for even bigger, more successful basketball factories.

"Real" transfers parents aren't "hired" for the brief period of time their superstar child is in school and then "retire."

"Real" transfers probably aren't kids who can't afford to go to D-II schools with aid but somehow magically have enough to attend a non-aid offering D-I school.

This year's team was full of home grown kids and "real" transfers.  And, this year, as much as I don't like admitting it because I don't like his antics or his tactics, the coach showed he can coach.  Kudos to him and his team. 

Just wish some fans and some administrators would take the blinders off.

"Real" transfers probably don't live in a booster's condo during the week and drive back to their real home on the weekend.

"Real" transfers probably don't get kicked out of other schools, shop around, and end up on glorified AAU teams called the Lions.

"Real" transfers probably don't come from out of state, stay and year or two, and then leave for even bigger, more successful basketball factories.

"Real" transfers parents aren't "hired" for the brief period of time their superstar child is in school and then "retire."

"Real" transfers probably aren't kids who can't afford to go to D-II schools with aid but somehow magically have enough to attend a non-aid offering D-I school.

This year's team was full of home grown kids and "real" transfers. And, this year, as much as I don't like admitting it because I don't like his antics or his tactics, the coach showed he can coach. Kudos to him and his team.

Just wish some fans and some administrators would take the blinders off.

Any proof provided for those allegations? Seems I have seen you in other threads. Your writing style is familiar? Your history shows a Goodpasture connection too?Hmmm? Are you a second account? Edited by Playerscoach

Any proof provided for those allegations? Seems I have seen you in other threads. Your writing style is familiar? Your history shows a Goodpasture connection too?Hmmm? Are you a second account?

There has never been enough proof for the TSSAA to do anything, but anyone who follows this team knows it's different this year. 

There’s a stark contrast between the 2015-16 Christ Presbyterian Academy boys basketball team and those that recently preceded it.

Gone are Jalen Lindsey, Braxton (Blackwell) Key, Craig Bradshaw, Braxton Bonds and Tyger Campbell.

With them went a nightly highlight reel and the buzz of some of the top Division I programs in the country checking out potential recruits.

What hasn’t left the CPA program, however, is success.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/2016/02/11/cpa-boys-lose-stars-but-win-teamwork-3-pointers/80216530/

BTW, what's up with the questions about the Goodpasture connections?  Because they recruit?  Where do you think Drew learned it?  Too bad for him, it came back to bite him.  Bu

Edited by rulefollower

• 2 weeks later...

Why is Drew Maddux  being considered for the Vanderbilt job, as someone who can land good recruits, if he never recruited at CPA?

Is Drew Maddux a consideration?

Maddux, a former All-SEC star player at Vanderbilt, is an exceptional coach at Christ Presbyterian Academy, and he’s produced some standout players. But would Vanderbilt consider looking at a high school coach, even if he’s a fan favorite and a former player? Athletics Director David Williams said Vanderbilt wants someone with head coaching experience, but not necessarily "isolated to college experience." The more likely scenario might be that Wade is hired as head coach, and he pegs Maddux as an assistant who can land prime recruits.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/college/vanderbilt/2016/03/28/5-questions-vanderbilt-coach-search/82341934/