White County

wonderingcoach

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I've heard people say that there isn't any talent at white county. I find that hard to believe of a school this size. I'm an old soddy daisy grad....I don't remember white county. It seems there has to be some talent walking the halls. A school that size has them...law of averages. Are they good at any sports?

always a good basketball school

White Country has talent but not a ton of it like some 5a schools like say Hillsboro. Lots of times schools with limited talent get stuck with the best athletes are split between the big three to focus just  on Baseball, Basketball, or Football. They have a good boys basketball program but a lot of those boys don't play football at all. Also lots of talent walks the halls and don't play anything. This hasn't been a "Football" school traditionally since the 70's-early 80's. If Maynard and Eldridge couldn't turn them around when they were there, don't know who you can  bring in to do it. I think a  quality could compete every year to get wins vs McMinnville, Cumberland CO, Stone, and the smaller schools like LA and York. Then hold there own verses  the rest.