Single A 2015-2016

gwh

Just stating facts. GC is a good team. Let's not say their getting hometown refs because GC has had a ton of terrible calls this year as well as last year in the substate game. GC has played the best around West TN and has beat the best so far. Give them a little credit instead of saying they have hometown refs because that's bs.

Edited by pioneer42

GC beat powerhouse Westview by 11 tonight and led by as many as 18.

Westview did not look much like a powerhouse on Saturday,  They usually get better with each game played and I am sure they will this year as well.  They just didnt seem to click offensively on Saturday.  Lots of hesitancy on offense.  I am sure it will get corrected and the second meeting in Martin will be a better game.

Agree with you pioneer. What a game it was. Back and forth all night. Great battle between 2 very good teams and 2 very good coaches. Hope we get to see these 2 match up for a district championship. It'd be a fun game to watch.

Trenton is a very tough team. Mayberry was shooting the lights out last night. She is tough. Trenton jumped out to a quick 7-0 lead. But after that GC pretty much controlled the game. Was up by about 6 at end of first and the lead stayed around 10-14 points the rest of the game. I think Trenton cut it to 7 at one point in second half. The crazy thing about last night and what I feel like makes GC really tough is Lannom and fields were very quiet last night. Combined for 15 pts I believe. But Smithson and white showed up scoring 14 and 27 each. And the freshman Burkett came in and scored 8. From what I have seen Trenton is definitely #2 in the district. And cannot be looked over. Edited by westtnsportsfan

GC gets that kind of production out of Smith and White they will be tough to handle. Trenton took it to GC last night. They remind me of some of the Dyersburg teams the last couple of years. They are very aggressive and are very physical on the boards. Middleton, GC, Bradford, Dresden and Trenton will all be tough late in the year.

9-A is looking tough this year. Community is the only undefeated team that still remains. In district, play everyone has a loss but Community and Moore Co. Moore won an overtime contest against MTCS, then MTCS turned around and beat Forrest in a close one. Huntland lost big to Community, but then Huntland beat Eagleville to give them their first loss of the season. The teams that make it out of the district this year should be ready for a big run. Maybe even a gold ball!!!

Trenton is a very tough team. Mayberry was shooting the lights out last night. She is tough. Trenton jumped out to a quick 7-0 lead. But after that GC pretty much controlled the game. Was up by about 6 at end of first and the lead stayed around 10-14 points the rest of the game. I think Trenton cut it to 7 at one point in second half. The crazy thing about last night and what I feel like makes GC really tough is Lannom and fields were very quiet last night. Combined for 15 pts I believe. But Smithson and white showed up scoring 14 and 27 each. And the freshman Burkett came in and scored 8. From what I have seen Trenton is definitely #2 in the district. And cannot be looked over.

Idk about controlled the game after that, but different views make the world go around. Game mainly stayed between 4-8 points, I dont recall the lead ever getting up over 11 points and that was the final with fths at the end. Both teams having several opportunities to either extend the lead for GC or cut the lead down to under 6 for Peabody . Great battle though. Both coaches using timeouts to stop runs by both teams. This Peabody team is gonna be very good over the next few years with only one senior on this years team. GC will make state this year. UC at GC Friday night will be interesting to see how UC is this year. Peabody travels to Humboldt. where Bradford, Greenfield and South Fulton play?

I'm hearing very good things about community and 9A as Well. Would love to see some of their teams play.

MM you are wrong about the AAU experience, but I guess facts mean little to someone who just can't stand to be wrong.  And game results will vary, but if you know what you are watching a "good coach" can tell when there is talent.  

WRONG? never!!!!! I also watched the game WV and Cleveland look really down, I guess Bradley wins again.

1. Bradley

2. East Hamilton

3. Mcminn

4. Cleveland or WV maybe

• 4 weeks later...

It looks like GCA has gotten off to a rough start. I haven't seen anything on Harriman or Tellico. Why do you think another district would not want to meet up with any of these teams? I'm just wondering if there's something I'm not seeing with stats.

GCA has played some really good competition early and so has Meigs, don't let the UNDEFEATED thing fool you, these 2 are loaded along with the most athletic Midway team they have maybe ever had. Not counting out a huge Harriman team. So yes, 3A is stacked. Trust me SG will get a quality opponent at sub-state.