Middleton

Middle Tn:

Pickett Co.

Community

East Tn:

South Green

Harriman??

Thoughts......

I totally agree with this. I think that Pickett Co and South Greene are the best two teams though. It should be interesting to see how Class A plays out during post season Edited by Basketball2015

GCA has played some really good competition early and so has Meigs, don't let the UNDEFEATED thing fool you, these 2 are loaded along with the most athletic Midway team they have maybe ever had. Not counting out a huge Harriman team. So yes, 3A is stacked. Trust me SG will get a quality opponent at sub-state.

I would certainly hope that any team would be a quality opponent in substate. SG will have to continue to play solid basketball to prevent being upset and to make it to substate, but you originally stated that you would not want to be the team from another district who had to match up against one from District 3. I can assure that SG will not back down or be intimidated by another district. They are a strong, solid team. They just finished as runner up in the Landair Ladies Classic. Their only two losses have both been to AAA powerhouse Morristown West. They have also played other very good competition in and outside of the Ladies Classic. The SG team that lost to Middleton by one last year in the state tournament looks even stronger this year.

I would certainly hope that any team would be a quality opponent in substate. SG will have to continue to play solid basketball to prevent being upset and to make it to substate, but you originally stated that you would not want to be the team from another district who had to match up against one from District 3. I can assure that SG will not back down or be intimidated by another district. They are a strong, solid team. They just finished as runner up in the Landair Ladies Classic. Their only two losses have both been to AAA powerhouse Morristown West. They have also played other very good competition in and outside of the Ladies Classic. The SG team that lost to Middleton by one last year in the state tournament looks even stronger this year.

I doubt they are as strong at PG as they were last year. She single handily held off a young Meigs team after going up 22 at half and struggled at the end to get the win. Trust me not only is Meigs better, Midway, and GCA are better. Any of 4 or 5 teams could win 3A. The down side is all those teams lose 3-4 seniors this year LOL.

I doubt they are as strong at PG as they were last year. She single handily held off a young Meigs team after going up 22 at half and struggled at the end to get the win. Trust me not only is Meigs better, Midway, and GCA are better. Any of 4 or 5 teams could win 3A. The down side is all those teams lose 3-4 seniors this year LOL.

It's hard to let them go, isn't it? Lol. Losing Ashton hurt, but not as bad as many would think, as SG gained her youngest sister to take over her number and position. Being a Freshman, she does lack experience, but that is all. She does not disappoint.

GCA has played some really good competition early and so has Meigs, don't let the UNDEFEATED thing fool you, these 2 are loaded along with the most athletic Midway team they have maybe ever had. Not counting out a huge Harriman team. So yes, 3A is stacked. Trust me SG will get a quality opponent at sub-state.

I've been around District 3 for over 30 years and Midway had some outstanding teams in the mid to late 80's that were much more physical and just better than this one.I wish a District 3 team could winnit but just don't see it.Those mid to West Tn(Clarkrange included)teams are great tournament teams when it counts.Meigs will probably be the better team when post season starts.IMO.If I had to choose a team this side of Nashville Pickett County is the one.I don't see anyone from D3A playing with them. Edited by orngnblk

I've been around District 3 for over 30 years and Midway had some outstanding teams in the mid to late 80's that were much more physical and just better than this one.I wish a District 3 team could winnit but just don't see it.Those mid to West Tn(Clarkrange included)teams are great tournament teams when it counts.Meigs will probably be the better team when post season starts.IMO.If I had to choose a team this side of Nashville Pickett County is the one.I don't see anyone from D3A playing with them.

I guess we will agree to disagree. IMO i dont think Pickett has the coaching to win. I think if theyre at home them they have a definite advantage but i think you get PC on the road and take the coach out of his home he wont be able to intimidate referees like he does. I do believe PC has a shot but i think the coach will cost them when it counts. They are a very good team. I seen them play early this year and they shoot it really well. I dont think PC or anyone has to worry about CR this year.

I guess we will agree to disagree. IMO i dont think Pickett has the coaching to win. I think if theyre at home them they have a definite advantage but i think you get PC on the road and take the coach out of his home he wont be able to intimidate referees like he does. I do believe PC has a shot but i think the coach will cost them when it counts. They are a very good team. I seen them play early this year and they shoot it really well. I dont think PC or anyone has to worry about CR this year.

I could be wrong,not into Basketball the way I used to be.I like that area up in Byrdstown and always keep an eye on Pickett.South Greene and Pickett look to be the two best at least to me right now.CR is always tough at tourn time tho.PC has some really good wins,White County,DB,Frank Hughes and CR.They look pretty good home and away right now.South Greene may be the one tho.

I could be wrong,not into Basketball the way I used to be.I like that area up in Byrdstown and always keep an eye on Pickett.South Greene and Pickett look to be the two best at least to me right now.CR is always tough at tourn time tho.PC has some really good wins,White County,DB,Frank Hughes and CR.They look pretty good home and away right now.South Greene may be the one tho.

the onb is on a girls bb thread???? :)

It's hard to let them go, isn't it? Lol. Losing Ashton hurt, but not as bad as many would think, as SG gained her youngest sister to take over her number and position. Being a Freshman, she does lack experience, but that is all. She does not disappoint.

GCA has the added advantage of Susan Starnes on the bench as a coach.