Peabody vs NCS

PeabodyPride

Finally home! Just wanna say congrats to NCS on a great game, now finish it with the gold! Peabody boys played hard but were just outmatched, congrats to yall on turning your season around and beating UC and Dresden and making it to the semifinals, nothing to be ashamed of with y'all's season. Both teams fans were very good sports and respectful, talked to some on both sides and nothing but kind words from everybody.

BigDan was impressed at the coaching staff of Wayne co and the adjustments they made. Had a chance to score another . Peabody panicked and went 5 wide which was a disaster. I think what you are not getting is that had Brothers chose to use Bituli and McGraw the way did tonight you might have still got 21 but they would have had 50. He won both games which is the goal so I guess you cant argue with his method. But its not as simple as NCS didn't play as well against Wayne co and played better against Peabody. He apparently thought he could beat wayne co and not show his best stuff. Since Peabody is probably better than Greenback he turned the horses loose on Peabody. Every drive would have ended in a td fairly quickly had he pounded Bituli. You faced an NCS that was holding back for the next game.

ok let's say they scored 50 last week. What's a closer game 42-7 or 50-21? This is by your logic remember that before you answer.

Justice has been served.

What justice? Peabody beat Dresden because we played a good game. Y'all lost last Friday just like we lost tonight. There's no justice to be served. It's how high school football playoffs go! Y'all lost. We lost. I'm not going to make excuses for our loss. We were meant to play tonight, but that doesn't mean we should've won. And had Dresden played NCS like you played us last week, then y'all would be hanging your heads tonight. Even on Dresden's best night, I doubt y'all could hang with the NCS team we saw tonight. It is what it is. Move on! The only 1A teams that matter right now are NCS and Greenback. Let's be adults about this and move on to support the last 2 teams standing.

Besides, there's no reason to hold a grudge against Peabody. You guys will have a great year next year. I'm adult enough to admit it, so please be adult enough to move on from any game played this year.

I can honestly say Wayne co Peabody would be a good game and there is no clear favorite. the fact that Peabody beat union city says they are capable of playing very good football. The NCS scores can not be used to determine which is better

I agree Bigdan, it's all in the match ups. Peabody is loaded with speed and that's what they rely on where WC relies on pounding the ball then throwing it with tough physical play being in their favor. It would be a tough call to say who would win but the fact is Peabody made the semis and WC didn't so that makes them one game better to me!

Sometimes you could have cashed in on an opportunity, sometimes you can make an adjustment, and sometimes you just plain ole get whipped by a better team.  If any UC or Dresden fans wonder, I don't think any 1-A team in the state could have handled NCS tonight. Congrats to the Eagles.  Amazing.  As for Peabody, I haven't seen many kids or fans with a never-say-die attitude like Trenton.  Down 35-7 at one point, and still cheering and yelling encouragement with the band banging loudly.  Great year Tide!   This group of young men have proven they are an elite team in two different classes the past two seasons.  

• Upvote 1