The rematch for state: BA vs MBA

steelerfan32

Brentwood Academy head coach Cody White is a superb coach and a better man. I am ELATED for him and these kids.

MBA is a fierce rival. It's always special to beat them because they're extremely well-coached and talented. Great season for the Big Red.

It's great to be an Eagle.

Congratulations to both teams - what a game.  I am a BA fan through and through,  but after a game like that I hate that a team had to lose.  Gotta love the fact that the game was decided on a gutsy call and a well executed play vs. a mistake or a blown call .

Congratulations to both teams - what a game.  I am a BA fan through and through,  but after a game like that I hate that a team had to lose.  Gotta love the fact that the game was decided on a gutsy call and a well executed play vs. a mistake or a blown call .

It was a gutsy call at the end. On the scoring run in the 2nd OT by #4 for BA - was there a block in the back on #28 for MBA back around the 15 yard line?

I thought BA was a much better team going in. MBA was tough to stop because of Chandler. They also made some huge plays off of play action. I thought they had it won. They just kept making plays. BA just kept matching them.

BA is a better team. MBA is always very resourceful, and historically is very difficult to beat. They're well-disciplined and well-prepared, and very composed, even when things aren't going well. MBA needed to play a near-flawless game to win. The roughing the punter penalty brought a drive back from the dead: instead of having the ball near midfield, BA keeps the ball and gets a TD. Along the same line, MBA's fumble on the backwards pass was pretty devastating, even though it only led to 3 points. 

BA is an excellent team. They don't need your help at all.

Still, a really great game.