The rematch for state: BA vs MBA

steelerfan32

Great post thanks for taking the time to write this. People need to just look back at the Maryville - Siegel game in 2012 I believe score was in the mid 40's and both teams were back and forth. Many long time fans in 6a called that the best game they have seen - can't recall the criticism of the defenses.

I'll make one other point would people rather see an 8-7 Brentwood academy win last night where the defenses played lights out or the shootout which we witnessed in this game? It was two of the best offenses in the southeast going at it last night ---For someone who has watched a lot of football it was one of the most exciting contest I have witnessed and produced a lot of emotions on both sides of the stadium . For anyone who was there it was a treat that is rare . Blowout games and defensive low scoring contest just do not produce the same level of emotions -- I am sorry

One additional point if the score had finished 8-7 BA I am sure we would be seeing the same people on here posting about how bad the offenses looked last night and how xyz team would shut out both teams and score a million points to win the game

I was at the Overton-Rhea Co game that Overton won 3-0. It was as tense a game as I've seen in nearly 50 yrs of football. As the game wore on, you knew that a score would end it. Perhaps not as entertaining to some, but exciting in its own way.

MBA's defense is what it is...I've watched it all season, and it's just not as good as some of the defenses from past years.  The kids play hard, and have had some good performances, most notably holding the previous two play-off opponents to 10 and 14 points.  But BA put up 49 on them in the first game, so last night was actually an "improvement" to hold BA to 45 in regulation.

So we are talking about the BA defense, which means we are talking about Ty Chandler.  Honestly people are welcome to think whatever they want, but the BA defense isn't bad.  It sure wasn't in the first game.  Chandler is honestly that good and put up a herculean performance that stunned everyone, including most of all the BA defense.  Add in some timely plays in the passing game, which weren't there in the first game, a lot because IMO Montgomery Owen was out, and it was as good an offensive outing MBA has had in many years, considering the competition.  But it's still about Chandler.  He did that last night against a really good defense.  It can and will be lazily dismissed as "bad defense."  

This was a very good game to watch as a pure football fan. This game goes to show you why each and every game has to be played. I for one wouldn't have thought this game would have been like this after the regular season meeting was so lop sided. Congratulations to both teams for a most exciting game. I hate that either team had to be second place because both teams proved that there wasn't any losers!!!

I agree - with the exception of about 4 quarters all year BA's defense has been rock solid

4th quarter against Trinity where they were gassed

Half the 3rd and half the 4th against Baylor first game

Quarter and a half against mccallie

Chandler put on a performance rarely seen even in our league ../other than a few games from corn elder this was as dominant as any I have seen from a back/ he ran hard. I am on another national football site that has BA ranked 24th nationally. Guys from all over the country were talking about this game and watching online : many said chandler would be a stud on any team in the nation and I agree .

One of the best players we have seen in some time at his position in d2

MBA's defense is what it is...I've watched it all season, and it's just not as good as some of the defenses from past years. The kids play hard, and have had some good performances, most notably holding the previous two play-off opponents to 10 and 14 points. But BA put up 49 on them in the first game, so last night was actually an "improvement" to hold BA to 45 in regulation.

So we are talking about the BA defense, which means we are talking about Ty Chandler. Honestly people are welcome to think whatever they want, but the BA defense isn't bad. It sure wasn't in the first game. Chandler is honestly that good and put up a herculean performance that stunned everyone, including most of all the BA defense. Add in some timely plays in the passing game, which weren't there in the first game, a lot because IMO Montgomery Owen was out, and it was as good an offensive outing MBA has had in many years, considering the competition. But it's still about Chandler. He did that last night against a really good defense. It can and will be lazily dismissed as "bad defense."

The only Tennessee championship game I have ever heard referred to as “greatest championship game ever†is Bradley Central’s 3OT win over JCM 50-48 in 1976 – 98 total points.

Ha I was thinking of that very game when I was watching this classic (I was a senior at arch rival Cleveland at the time). Thoroughly enjoyed the barnburner last night. Congratulations to both teams.

Great post thanks for taking the time to write this. People need to just look back at the Maryville - Siegel game in 2012 I believe score was in the mid 40's and both teams were back and forth. Many long time fans in 6a called that the best game they have seen - can't recall the criticism of the defenses.

I'll make one other point would people rather see an 8-7 Brentwood academy win last night where the defenses played lights out or the shootout which we witnessed in this game? It was two of the best offenses in the southeast going at it last night ---For someone who has watched a lot of football it was one of the most exciting contest I have witnessed and produced a lot of emotions on both sides of the stadium . For anyone who was there it was a treat that is rare . Blowout games and defensive low scoring contest just do not produce the same level of emotions -- I am sorry

One additional point if the score had finished 8-7 BA I am sure we would be seeing the same people on here posting about how bad the offenses looked last night and how xyz team would shut out both teams and score a million points to win the game

I agree totally BigDog , the Maryville / Siegel game was the best game I've ever seen Live ... and I didn't think the defenses were terrible , I thought the offenses kept making miraculous play after miraculous Play . This game felt the same to me and I wish I'd been there live to see it . It's a shame that one team had to lose this game . Chandler and Oatsvall are two of the best players I've ever seen in Tn high school Football . btw , I was embarrassed for the ref at the Overtime coin toss ... reminds you of the commercial where the Ref is telling the other Refs how to act and then somebody hollers the Mic's on !! Pitiful . 

Watching the game and all I see is all offense and no defense from either team. Maryville would manhandle either one of these teams,they can play defense along with their offense. JMO and I am not a Maryville fan.

That's so funny man. Maryville would "manhandle BA or MBA" 😂 They can't even handle ravenwood dude. BA and MBA would annihilate them come on now. Their defense is okay and offense is gosh awful. This is the first time I have seen them play real competition this season and look what happens. That was a cute comment man