1A State Championship-Greenback and NCS!

orngnblk

Here it is rare that a kid is sent away because the acdemics were too hard. Not because they are easy but we care about the well being of the student more. Sending kids away because of academic failure gives you the illusion of rigor while forcing kids to believe they are stupid and unable to complete your program. Both of those are fallacies and part of a design that no longer has merit. Reputation is an illusion. Education is about taking a curriculum and making it digestable and palatable. Kids should want what you're producing. If they don't, you can't always blame the kid. Especially after you've used him for 4 years for sports. ijs

Academic reputation is an illusion? What?

Its actually academic integrity. Suggesting Ensworth doesnt have academic support is not true. They have a whole system set up to do just that. However, kids have to use that support, then perform in the classroom. Thats the basis of all education. What you are suggesting by saying "academic failure is an illusion" is whats gone wrong with the education system in general. Passing kids just to pass them or changing the curriculum to fit specific kids just to get a passing grade is incredibly unfair to kids and society as a whole. These kids knew the academic rigors when they enrolled. They had every opportunity to be successful with the multitude of tools available. To blame the institution itself is nonsense. Also, to say you care "more" because you have lower academic standards is unfortunate. Your argument equates to all magnet schools care "less" about students than the other public schools.

Lastly, its funny Ensworth is mentioned and not BA? BA has a different set of academic standards and even those are difficult for some. Surely as an NCS supporter you are aware of this considering the transfers to your school from BA?

Edited by Playerscoach

Here are some interesting numbers. Maybe someone from Greenback can fill us in on some of their players.

#12 McGraw

Regular Season   36 Carries  504 Yards 6 TD's

9 Catches  181 Yards 3 TD's

Scored Every 5 Touches

Playoffs               30 Carries  411 Yards 6 TD's

6 Catches  127 Yards 3 TD's

Scored Every 4 Touches

The best running back in 1A IMO has touched the ball 9 times a game in the playoffs and posted 9 scores against 3 of the top 5 teams in the state. Will Coach Brothers turn him loose on Friday?

#35 Bituli

Regular Season        8 Carries   108 Yards  2 Scores

Playoffs                   4 Carries    92 Yards   3 Scores                                    

2 Catches   13 Yards   1 Score

6 Touches in the playoffs with 4 scores. Potentially the most punishing back in 1A IMO. Will Coach Brothers turn him loose of Friday?

Tell me a little about the weapons at Greenback. 

Edited by bigb31072

Here are some interesting numbers. Maybe someone from Greenback can fill us in on some of their players.

#12 McGraw

Regular Season   36 Carries  504 Yards 6 TD's

9 Catches  181 Yards 3 TD's

Scored Every 5 Touches

Playoffs               30 Carries  411 Yards 6 TD's

6 Catches  127 Yards 3 TD's

Scored Every 4 Touches

The best running back in 1A IMO has touched the ball 9 times a game in the playoffs and posted 9 scores against 3 of the top 5 teams in the state. Will Coach Brothers turn him loose on Friday?

#35 Bituli

Regular Season        8 Carries   108 Yards  2 Scores

Playoffs                   4 Carries    92 Yards   3 Scores                                    

2 Catches   13 Yards   1 Score

6 Touches in the playoffs with 4 scores. Potentially the most punishing back in 1A IMO has touched the ball 6 times in the playoffs and scored 4 times. Will Coach Brothers turn him loose of Friday?

Tell me a little about the weapons at Greenback. 

They use their best players a lot more.

I will say this. Greenbacks

#1 Kayne Roberts

35 TD'S leading scorer in the state in all classifications.. 224 points

#50 Josh Silvey

20 sacks I will guarantee you that there is no lineman in the state can stop him one on one...

Not opinions facts...

Edited by ranger519

I will say this. Greenbacks

#1 Kayne Roberts

35 TD'S leading scorer in the state in all classifications.. 224 points

#50 Josh Silvey

20 sacks I will guarantee you that there is no lineman in the state can stop him one on one...

Not opinions facts...

The stats are facts, but the commentary is definitely opinion.  And unless his arms can reach from one sideline to the other, he'll be watching our backs scamper past him like every other defense we've faced.

Cute Crow! Real cute.There's no way to get along with you.If a guy says something serious to the opposing fans,you pop up and cut 'me to the bone. I've lived this side of the ridge 30 yrs.longer than you,ain't going nowhere 'til Jesus calls me.Now,live with it !

Pop I don't want you to go anywhere and I hope the good Lord allows you to stay around a good long time. I do think you have 1 thing backwards though, I get along with a lot more folks than you do. Let me ask you a question, if NCS does put it on greenback will you change your tune as the other guy asked or will you come back on here the way you usually do? It's not disagreeing that is an issue, it's the way you talk to everyone on here. You're arrogant and confrontational, even GB folks have asked you to chill a little. I'd love to get along with you, I just don't have much tolerance for the type of chest thumping and grandiosity you fill your posts with. So maybe you are right about one thing, as long as you continue to tell the world how blatantly inferior everyone is to GB then yes, there is no getting along with me.

Edited by crow

The stats are facts, but the commentary is definitely opinion.  And unless his arms can reach from one sideline to the other, he'll be watching our backs scamper past him like every other defense we've faced.

Silvey is special. If NCS tries to block him 1 on 1 he will win the match up far more often than not. He's not unstoppable but he is very good.