1A State Championship-Greenback and NCS!

orngnblk

I agree Crow......Silvey definitely merits two tush hogs per play.  The poor boy is going to see a lot of double run and pass protections.  The rest of them are going to need to stick their grill in there.  That Bituli with a load of steam will be hard to stop so you better get him before he gets going.  I think GB has a chance.....but they are going to have to play really well.  Few gave us a chance in the title game in '92, but somehow we got it done.  I'm sure the odds are stacked against the 'Kees too....at least they play on turf and not paper.

Kazito

Here it is rare that a kid is sent away because the acdemics were too hard. Not because they are easy but we care about the well being of the student more. Sending kids away because of academic failure gives you the illusion of rigor while forcing kids to believe they are stupid and unable to complete your program. Both of those are fallacies and part of a design that no longer has merit. Reputation is an illusion. Education is about taking a curriculum and making it digestable and palatable. Kids should want what you're producing. If they don't, you can't always blame the kid. Especially after you've used him for 4 years for sports. ijs

Congrats to NCS - you have a good team and I hope your kids enjoy your success.  I have not read through all 68 pages of this thread, but I have read enough that it is clear that some (not all) of the NCS supporters are willing to provide misinformation about other schools (by name) in some misguided attempt to try to make NCS "look better".

First, JP2 doesn't have 100 athletes on the sidelines and unlimited linemen platooning in and out throughout the game.  In reality, JP2 had about 54 kids that dressed for football this fall.  NCS has about 57.  By contrast, Ensworth had about 66, with 8 seniors (far less seniors than NCS according to one of the NCS posters).  Most of the linemen, as well as the other players, on both JP2 and Ensworth play both ways.  In fact, the Ensworth qb this year not only played on offense and defense, but often on special teams as well.  In short, the NCS "excuse" on here that they have far less players than JP2 is false.

Second, and of more importance, your implication that Ensworth somehow uses these kids and spits them out after their athletic eligibility is used up is completely baseless.  You should be ashamed of yourself for spreading such lies when you have no idea of what you are saying.  In fact, Ensworth has a rigorous academic curriculum which is the same for all students.  They have very high entry standards and try very hard to not admit students who may not be able to keep up academically.  You would be surprised if you knew some of the athletes who applied to but were refused admission to Ensworth.  There are a few kids (both athletes and not) who start at Ensworth and discover that they cannot or will not meet the academic requirements.  These students leave Ensworth and go to a school that is a better match for their intellect and/or energy level.  Contrary to the implication on another post in this thread, "Tiny" decided to leave Ensworth (for reasons which are none of our business) after playing only a couple of games his senior season - the team persevered and won their first State championship without him.  He was not "used" and discarded by Ensworth.

Ensworth and NCS are dissimilar schools.  Ensworth is a college prep school where every student who graduates is expected to matriculate at a college or university following their graduation.  Recent graduates are now studying at Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Johns Hopkins, etc. (this list is available on their web site).  NCS, on the other hand, is set up to assist all kinds of students to successfully attend high school.  The following is but one example of a "special program" from their web site:

"High school: Courses at the high school level are mandated by Tennessee state standards and college preparatory requirements, which inhibit the option for language arts and math skills. Students may be taught individually or grouped with a remediation to occur within the curriculum. Alternate courses are offered to students that may need a slower pace of instruction and/or modified curriculum. The alternate class may or may not meet college preparatory requirements. They may also affect type of diploma a student may earn. Course offerings include: English, Math, Spanish and Science. Alternate course offerings may change yearly based on the needs of the student body. For additional information refer to the​Four Year Academic Plan"  

No mention is made as to whether the students enrolled in this program are eligible for athletics. 

Neither type of school is inherently "better" than the other, but it is ludicrous for NCS posters to try to imply that their school is somehow superior to any other school.  

This should be a good game - hope for a close contest with no injuries either way.

Edited by RedRobin1

He was serving a TSSAA suspension for an outburst in their previous game.

Hey all i can say is i Have heard worse! Dont mean to get u mad at me dad and us being in same region but im pulling for them Greenbacks!!! Next year i will be meeting you and im pretty sure we will be traveling to you guys instead of cookeville! Atleast you got a warm up game on that field!