3A BlueCross Bowl: CPA vs. Alcoa

AlcoaBasketball

Having seen both teams in person the athletes are not the same. The QBs are similar but CPAs WR are bigger and faster than CAK with the exception of Pope. #25 is the best HS player (based on his value for his team and how CPA uses him not college potential) on either CAK or CPA. Also, CAK didnt have a healthy RB as good or physical as #45.

I wouldnt discount the athletes CPA has at WR, LB or DB.

I still think Alcoa wins this game but CPA has proven they can compete and win against fast and athletic teams.

I would put CAK's #15 on the same page with CPA's #25. CAK's #31.....CPA just does not have. CAK's #16 is on CPA's #9 level. Overall CAK is a better passing team than CPA. CPA has a much better run gamw. Defenses look very very similar.

I would put CAK's #15 on the same page with CPA's #25. CAK's #31.....CPA just does not have. CAK's #16 is on CPA's #9 level. Overall CAK is a better passing team than CPA. CPA has a much better run gamw. Defenses look very very similar.

CAKs best WR against us was the smaller kid. He was quick and caught the ball well. Pope looks the part and is bigger than all the CPA kids. #25 for CPA is a very fast and athletic kid. CAK does not have a kid like him, Hes also an eraser at S.

I think CAK is a very good team though. The difference in speed was surprising. We agree on #45. CPAs defense is better than CAK by a wide margin.

They may look similar but they arent.

Like I said I still think Alcoa will win but CPA has some kids that can compete.

hmm...private school vs.open zone school for the Gold ball......naa...privates and opens don't have an advantage....just a coincidence that happens every year...the "what gets off that yellow bus" schools don't have a chance and the T$$AA will do nothing about it as long as the $$ keeps rolling in....

Ha! Milan and Liberty are open zone. Actually, Liberty has an advantage over Alcoa with it being a Magnet school. Maybe, it's weak coaching from coaches like you that whine too much.....bam!

Ha! Milan and Liberty are open zone. Actually, Liberty has an advantage over Alcoa with it being a Magnet school. Maybe, it's weak coaching from coaches like you that whine too much.....bam!

Time to get off the bandwagon that schools like Maryville, Alcoa, Milan, CPA, CAK to name a few, have this mysterious advantage over others.

What all these schools have in common, whether public or private, is:

1) great community support. Typically these successful programs have great booster clubs who are very active and supportive.

2) supportive administration. I'm not talking about just "yes" men, but folds who understand the balance of what it takes to be successful on and off the field.

3) very good facilities developed OVER A LONG PERIOD OF TIME because of SUCESS ON THE FIELD.

4) not only great head coaches, but also, in my opinion just as important, a great set of assistant coaches who KNOW HOW TO COACH FOOTBALL and are not some admin son in law or nephew who has their position because of who they are and not ability.

The last time I checked, none of the above are against TSSSA rules.

LASTLY, great players who are not recruited, but players and families who recognize the above and WANT to be a part of a great program. If the above mentioned items are in place, THE PROGRAM RECRUITS ITSELF!!!

Congrats to all the teams who made the finals, even more so to the teams who are in the finals on a regular basis.