3A BlueCross Bowl: CPA vs. Alcoa

AlcoaBasketball

All great and accurate points. I think the issue most MidTn people have with CPA or NCS is that they take alot of the good talent from the area and then beat up those teams with their own kids. If those teams were in DII nobody would care. Its tough to build a good support system if the privates take your best players, put them in a great off season program and then destroy you in a region or playoff game.

In the end theres nothing you can do about it but strap up and play ball. I'll be rooting for an Alcoa blowout. I think they have a great football community and anybody that schedules Maryville every year gets my respect. After watching 3 of CPA's playoff games I don't think they win anyway.

By the way NCS has a 35 year history of being an average to below average program with maybe a few D1 players during that time. Their facilities are in the bottom 20% of private schools in middle TN and their coach, while a good guy, did very little at JP2 with an NFL stud on his team. On the other hand, CPA is a newer school that has built its programs over a period of years and has much better facilities with a former NFL QB as its HC.

Both schools success is irritating to some but NCS clearly raises the curiosity of anyone who has known that program the past 35 years. In no way am I suggesting anything improper is taking place there but knowing the things I mentioned above makes for an interesting situation.

Regardless, both will be in Div II soon and will test their pograms against like schools. My guess is CPA will do quite well while NCS, once the luster wears off this current team, will come back down several notches.

CPA and 45# know a two yard gain against that line is a good run. Especially after he met a few of those giants at the Mr Football banquet. CPA had some size last year to do it. This year they are very small. Look for rollouts, screens, with some bombs sprinkled in to try and move the ball.

I agree. They love to max protect and move the pocket with sprint outs. Idk if they can do it against Alcoas defensive ends tho. From the film, they like to do a lot of motions to mix things up. It's hard to get a read on them. Alcoa just has to play fundamental football and let everything else fall into place. Edited by RudyWasOffsides

Good luck to both teams and their fans. Safe travels and prayers for the kids.

This game has been circled by both these teams for a year and its not often in sports you get to see a rematch so enjoy it.

For personal reasons Im pulling for my best friends son #45 and a little kid who grew up watching me play and is now going for his 2nd gold ball as a HC. #45's dad is a nice and good of a guy you'll ever meet and Ingle is too.

My heart says CPA but history and my mind says Alcoa. Congrats to both teams and all you overzealous fans/goons! :) This is THE game of the year!!!!

only the defense is seperated from everyone else....they could not run a lick on us..........didnt see one of em carted off the other night....then again, the Irish had all the gernies tied up

Booger just sayin  :mrgreen:

You know, at first glance I would have agreed with you. But they didn't run very well on us either. Don't know the second game total but the first against CAK was about 100 yds on 38 carries if memory serves. YET, they still managed to beat CAK by 26 and then 24, and beat ND by 40. So one way or another, they are getting it done. This is not an elite Alcoa run game, but it IS an elite Alcoa TEAM.

Good luck to both teams and no injuries. Safe travels, wish I could be there!

Alcoa players to watch

Offense

#13 - QB 2nd start in Championship game.

#33 - FB

#34 - RB

#11 - WR

#10 - WR

#12 - WR

#1 -WR Mr. Do it all!

#77 - OL

#66 - OL

#56 - OL/DL Mr Football!

Defense

#56 - DL headhunter #1 (UTC)

#7 - DL headhunter #2 (Appy)