private vs public in football final

Indian

Maybe I misunderstand, Knox Catholic is the only private left and NCS is the only private that has won so far. At best they can go 2 out of 6, and I think it will end up being 1 out of 6. The percentage isn't as bad as one would lead to believe. Don't get me wrong as I believe there is an advantage and would be fine with a public/private split, but don't embellish the numbers to suit your cause.

Laz I have a couple of points to address. First the number of private school championships. I was misinformed about the public/private status of both independence and perl cohn. I did not know and was told yesterday in cookeville that both were private schools. I thought I had reliable information and I did not check myself. My mistake completely. With the information I had that put 5 of 12 teams playing division I this weekend being private schools. In my misinformed brain NCS & Independence had won and in 4A had 2 private schools obviously that would be 3 wins. It's very obvious I was wrong so I will go now and edit my original post. Thank you for the information contained in the first half of your post.

As for your little punk comment about me embellishing anything to suit my cause you can stick that into whichever orifice you like and set fire to it. Yes I was wrong in my post and I have willingly and openly admitted that it was my own ignorance that caused that. I hold myself accountable for that, to imply I would willingly distort numbers to make my point, well now you're showing your ignorance. It obviously was a mistake, most folks would've caught it so don't see much advantage in knowingly lying when you know you'll get caught. Again thank you for the correction, as for the accusation, I can think of a different word to put in fron of "you" for that one. Have a great day :flower:

Edited by crow

Laz I have a couple of points to address. First the number of private school championships. I was misinformed about the public/private status of both independence and perl cohn. I did not know and was told yesterday in cookeville that both were private schools. I thought I had reliable information and I did not check myself. My mistake completely. With the information I had that put 5 of 12 teams playing division I this weekend being private schools. In my misinformed brain NCS & Independence had won and in 4A had 2 private schools obviously that would be 3 wins. It's very obvious I was wrong so I will go now and edit my original post. Thank you for the information contained in the first half of your post.

As for your little punk comment about me embellishing anything to suit my cause you can stick that into whichever orifice you like and set fire to it. Yes I was wrong in my post and I have willingly and openly admitted that it was my own ignorance that caused that. I hold myself accountable for that, to imply I would willingly distort numbers to make my point, well now you're showing your ignorance. It obviously was a mistake, most folks would've caught it so don't see much advantage in knowingly lying when you know you'll get caught. Again thank you for the correction, as for the accusation, I can think of a different word to put in fron of "you" for that one. Have a great day :flower:

You have just made the largest gain in history on my "people I like" list.

Look, no need for all of that. There have been a lot of posts on this topic and many misleading statistics on the matter. I did not intend to insult if that is the way that you took it. I have said repeatedly that I agree with the point of view that privates have an advantage, there is plenty of data to back that up. Let me say again, I agree that there is an advantage. At the end of the day 1 or 2 of those 20 may win a gold ball and only 4 or 5 of the 291 publics may win. You are correct as that it is nearly triple the ratio in favor of the privates. Yes, there is an unfair advantage, especially against lower level programs, but it's not as drastic as some would lead on. I don't know you and I didn't know you were misinformed about two of the schools as you so eloquently admitted in your rebuttal above, but that confession you made tells me exactly what I was insinuating. It doesn't mean necessarily that you were embellishing, but somebody that has an agenda was embellishing information to you and fabricating the facts. Don't get mad at me, get mad at the person that misinformed you causing you to post incorrect statements in order to fuel their fire. Lay off me, I just don't like propaganda to feed others' agendas. No ill will or bad intent directly at you. Edited by LazIndexTN

No privates in 5A and 6A. 28-10 privates over publics in the playoffs even with a multiplier. Same old story just another season

This is why there is not a bigger cry for a split. The bigger schools that make the gate money to compete with privates don't have to deal with privates so they don't care. It is only the smaller schools (4a and down) that has to play them. If you can have every 6a team make they playoffs then you should be ok with putting CPA, catholic, etc in with BGA and those teams for their own division.

This is why there is not a bigger cry for a split. The bigger schools that make the gate money to compete with privates don't have to deal with privates so they don't care. It is only the smaller schools (4a and down) that has to play them. If you can have every 6a team make they playoffs then you should be ok with putting CPA, catholic, etc in with BGA and those teams for their own division.

The big schools don;t want a split,privates will then rob them,

The big schools don;t want a split,privates will then rob them,

This is exactly right.  Big Privates are already DII.  If the smaller privates all go to DII that means more athletic scholarships and more leaving publics.  Small privates in urban or suburban settings will go after large public athletes.  Total split probably benefits small rural public schools hurts urban and suburban publics. How many large public ads are beating the drum for a split?  There are more BBQ joints in Bagdad.

Edited by rikberry

It is without a doubt that private schools have advantages, but lets not forget our advantages over them.  Privates are like men with out a country.  A temporary home inside another's land.  Our advantage is community, a private school has no real sense of community.  After school or the game they go to their separate homes or communities until the next day. In a small public school we go to school and play besides the same blood that our grandaddys went to school and played with.  There is nothing like the bond of true community.  I feel sorry for those privates that win the gold ball because they will never know what it is like to win as an entire community.  Heck even losing big games as a true community is preferable to winning as strangers wearing the same color.  

Keep telling yourself that. Do 95+% of your small town school go to college after they graduate?  Don't feel sorry for the private school students.  They are not living for their glorious high school days, they are preparing themselves to be successful in the real world after college.