Oakdale 2016

SweetEmotion

I know he hasn't been the head basketball coach, can anyone back me up on that. Of the high school I mean.

yes, he was the head coach before the current coach, who's in probably his 5h season or so. Go to schedules on coach t and pick about 4 -6 yrs ago... They won one game in 2 yrs. the current coach has done pretty well... Let it go. Edited by CAH09

I think that is where the Cumberlands ties would come from. That rumor has been floating for a little bit. There were quite a few people unhappy with TL this year. Be careful what you ask for, would be a big loss for Oneida. Highly doubt he leaves.

BIG Loss! Talked to TL for a bit at the all star game...He's still full of grit!

Edited by uknoit2

coalfield, per coach t: 08/09...0-24, 09/10...1-23. Granted, I'm sure talent was bad.... But come on, that's a fairly weak district... You gotta win a few.

I didn't mean for you to back your own comment. I was wanting to hear it from someone else. I just never remember him being the head high school coach. He was coaching little league then. By the way, I mean no disrespect to the current coach, he's doing a good job.

Cumberland, Tusculum and Carson-Newman is what I've been told.

Lol you're just stirring the pot now. Nice try though, no new transfers and TL hasn't spoken to any schools, HS or otherwise concerning a new coaching job. The folks here on the T can decide if they wanna listen to you or me concerning Oneida football.

I think that is where the Cumberlands ties would come from. That rumor has been floating for a little bit. There were quite a few people unhappy with TL this year. Be careful what you ask for, would be a big loss for Oneida. Highly doubt he leaves.

The Cumberland connection is this. TL played briefly for Cumberland in college before personal reasons forced him to not continue playing. Fast forward to 2012 I think and Cumberlands HC got a D2 job and the new HC cleared house and Matt Rymer (spelling) was an assistant that got fired. Matt Rymer came to Oneida for one season then was offered the HC job at Cumberland. He offered TL the DC job at Cumberland and he nearly took it but declined. There's the Oneida/Cumberland connection. That and it's 45 minutes up the road.

I will say this though, coaching is a funny profession. I don't pretend to know the future and with a defensive coach like TL the possibility of someone calling and offering a job is constantly present and does happen regularly. It's happened from Cumberland to Catholic and several others as well. I'm not gonna say he would never take an offer if the right one comes along but I do know this. He's tried a couple other places, he says he is happy where he is. As for the future, well that's just like all of us, just have to see what the good Lord has planned when He sees fit to reveal it to us.

Edited by crow

Lol you're just stirring the pot now. Nice try though, no new transfers and TL hasn't spoken to any schools, HS or otherwise concerning a new coaching job. The folks here on the T can decide if they wanna listen to you or me concerning Oneida football.

I told him that I knew a man that kNows a man that KNOWS THE MAN!😊