TREZEVANT VS. WHO FOR THE 2A 2016 TITLE

UniversalHearthrob04

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is great when you have great talent. Being from memphis it is awesome to see success in football from memphis metro area. But there is a time in every school there are highs and lows. Afte CR is gone it will be interesting to see what they put together.

BigEdMo:

Coach Telli White has coached Trezevant to three (3) different championship games. They played against Greenville in 4A in 2010. They played against Fulton in 4A in 2014. They played against Marion County in 2A in 2015. That's three (3) championship games in six (6) years. I think that Trezevant will consistently be a force to be reckoned with for years to come. Having CR helps ... but make no mistake about it ... coach Telli White is the driving force and he will continue to put competitive teams on the field for quite a while. Just check out Trezevant's schedule when it come out next year. They play 6A and D2-AA teams out of district. They've already scrimmaged against Whitehaven (6A) this past May 5 and then Collierville (6A) this summer. His teams are always TOUGH and battle tested. They won't face a 2A team tougher then the teams that they scrimmage AND play out-of-conference every year. He will have them ready to compete for titles for quite a while. Not to mention that 2A Mitchell and 2A MAHS are both programs that aren't doormats. Mitchell has played in two (2) different championship games in the past 10 years or so. Both will be improved and ready to compete with Trezevant in 2016.

Edited by kwc

BigEdMo:

Coach Telli White has coached Trezevant to three (3) different championship games. They played against Greenville in 4A in 2010. They played against Fulton in 4A in 2014. They played against Marion County in 2A in 2015. That's three (3) championship games in six (6) years. I think that Trezevant will consistently be a force to be reckoned with for years to come. Having CR helps ... but make no mistake about it ... coach Telli White is the driving force and he will continue to put competitive teams on the field for quite a while. Just check out Trezevant's schedule when it come out next year. They play 6A and D2-AA teams out of district. They've already scrimmaged against Whitehaven (6A) this past May 5 and then Collierville (6A) this summer. His teams are always TOUGH and battle tested. They won't face a 2A team tougher then the teams that they scrimmage AND play out-of-conference every year. He will have them ready to compete for titles for quite a while. Not to mention that 2A Mitchell and 2A MAHS are both programs that aren't doormats. Mitchell has played in two (2) different championship games in the past 10 years or so. Both will be improved and ready to compete with Trezevant in 2016.

I do not question coach White one bit. I just say it is inevitable that there will be some down years. That is any program. A lot of the times it happens when a big stud is gone because that player or players carried the lions share. Don't get me wrong I have followed coach white and all Memphis teams. Does not surprise what the Memphis teams are doing. Good luck to Trezvant and Whitehaven next year.

@Reitzfan. I know the staff at T-High. I think they get a bad rap from some of the CoachT posters. They have nothing but respect for every team in the state that they have played over the years. Hopefully you and all the other posters on here address these guys as individual fans and not as a representation of Bear Nation. I know Coach White will have those boys working hard this offseason. Hopefully they will be back in the big game because of it.

Coach White has done a great job in the hood he in and got young man been leader of tomorrow I am down with that . I Three nephews played for him and help coach and a lot of the young mans on my peewee team . He has a BEAR family that got his back so look for round two because here we come .BEARS NATION

• 2 weeks later...

Coach White will have Trezevant ready every year. I was at the school today and they were lifting like college players. They look like college players also. T. White has made a huge difference in the lives of those young men. 2A better bring it. This is coming from a HUGE Mitchell fan

Coach White will have Trezevant ready every year. I was at the school today and they were lifting like college players. They look like college players also. T. White has made a huge difference in the lives of those young men. 2A better bring it. This is coming from a HUGE Mitchell fan

I know that Mitchell will be in the hunt, as well as MAHS. However, Trezevant is definitely the team to beat as far as D16 - 2A ball is concerned. However, I'm keeping my eye on Manassas because they have a new HC over there who goes by the name of Cedrick Wilson. Coach Ced. was the OC last year at Carver, who's offense averaged about 358 yds/game. Carver couldn't stop anybody, but their passing game was off the charts good. I don't think they will challenge Trezevant this year. Perhaps in years to come. I think 2A in Memphis is going to raise the bar.

I know that Mitchell will be in the hunt, as well as MAHS. However, Trezevant is definitely the team to beat as far as D16 - 2A ball is concerned. However, I'm keeping my eye on Manassas because they have a new HC over there who goes by the name of Cedrick Wilson. Coach Ced. was the OC last year at Carver, who's offense averaged about 358 yds/game. Carver couldn't stop anybody, but their passing game was off the charts good. I don't think they will challenge Trezevant this year. Perhaps in years to come. I think 2A in Memphis is going to raise the bar.

He is no longer there. He is the head coach at Hillcrest.