Marion County Warriors 2016

PurplePower68

Wrong.... The coach has a huge impact when it comes to recruiting

69, I'm back out of the hole just for you. Let me clarify what I'm saying. Before the advent of the internet, players were limited in their exposure to colleges. There was the scout, the coaches opinion, and if you were lucky you got your name mentioned in a small article in the Saturday paper. Fast forward to our enlightened age and you still have the scouts, coaches, and the local newspaper but............ now you have multiple news articles available online (some within an hour after the game ends), combines and camps year round, recruiting services and to top it all off a website where just about anybody can see anything, from a players GPA to his speed, his strength, his film and probably if you know where to look, his shoe size. Things have changed a lot in just the last few years. Back in the day I would have laughed at a man who told me that one day I would set in front of a computer and talk to other people about high school football or know the score of any game in the nation while sitting at my own teams game on Friday night. Are today's coaches important in the recruiting process? Sure they are, but they are a smaller part of a lot bigger picture than they used to be.

Deputy, Old Pirate says a HEEP of you youngons thought the SOS was staying...you too deputy....At least you were hopeful. The air appears a tad cleaner now to OP

Old pirate I garuntee you hall of Famer even gave the SOS the assistant principal job. What kind of mess is this? He want answer my question. That Hargis man said this mess has been going on since December. I garuntee you somebody was getting mis informed. You think im joking but im not.

Ross is not leaving. Just rumors.

He is not leaving according to 98.7 and pirate troy. Going to be new VP at Marion Co high school

I garuntee you I went back and found this mess. Was you mis lead hof? I garuntee you I hope you threw them rose colored glasses away and come out of that hypnotic state. You think im joking but im not.

Up here on the mountain the word is spreading fast that coach Mathis hasn't given indication he wants it and the powers that be have their eye toward a former SP coach now at Boyd. I think that would be about the worst case scenario possible for the Pirates. If anyone could pluck players from South Pittsburg to come North it's him. The guy is notorious for getting kids and parents to buy in early through little leagues. I have no dog in this fight but, talk about adding to the rivalry. Personally I would love to see this happen just for pure entertainment.

Up here on the mountain the word is spreading fast that coach Mathis hasn't given indication he wants it and the powers that be have their eye toward a former SP coach now at Boyd. I think that would be about the worst case scenario possible for the Pirates. If anyone could pluck players from South Pittsburg to come North it's him. The guy is notorious for getting kids and parents to buy in early through little leagues. I have no dog in this fight but, talk about adding to the rivalry. Personally I would love to see this happen just for pure entertainment.

Good luck :)

Here's some numbers for all those wondering why CRR hasn't got every Senior on the team a full ride. On national signing day, 291 Seniors, from Tennessee, signed letters. Out of those 291 ONLY 28 came from Class 1A and 2A COMBINED. Six of them came from Mitchell High alone. So, if signees is what makes you a great coach then yes, CRR and just about every coach in 1A and 2A did not try to help their players and clearly suck. It would be nice to see some of the folks in our area look at the big picture and actually use their brain before making derogatory knee-jerk comments about people.

good luck at McCallie coach