Final Top 10 All Classifications

Gerry Bertier

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plus Williamson county open zone gives zero advantage to athletics as they will only let you transfer for certain and specific circumstances like getting kicked out

oldust trik inn tha book two git whur ewe waint.......Rite behind goodur garbage servuss......Wundur how minny playurs ...stewdunts Shad weal taik out ov tha Ravunwould "zoan" when's he gits two Knowlunsvul.....???.... :popcorneater:

Ah.....shut up you clown. You don't know crap about football.

lol this guy😂😂. Do you know me? Do you know what I know about football? No you don't so shut your mouth and stop taking about **** you don't know about. What i do know Is Alcoa this year wasn't a top ten team in the state.. They couldn't even beat Maryville who lost to the 3rd best team in Williamson County... All k did was offer my opinion on a game and you come up with that hahahahaha

The following was posted by a "Maryville Mafia" member some weeks ago--can someone help me give proper credit? 

----------------------------------------------------------------

"Open Zone" tuition students???

If it were all about tuition students, then why did Maryville go 20 years(1978-1998) without winning a championship? There were a lot of mediocre football records at Maryville from the late 80's to the mid 90's, including 5-5 seasons. Teams like Austin East, Sevier County, Halls used to wear Maryville out. William Blount beat Maryville 3 years in a row, including a 31-0 beat-down in 1990. Alcoa beat Maryville 4 years in a row in that time frame. On a lot of those bad Maryville teams, player interest was way down. Some Maryville teams were lucky to have 40 kids on the squad. Many Maryville Rebel fans thought the Glory Years were finished. Some thought Maryville would never win another state title.

Maryville went 9 years (1986-1995) without a playoff win. "Open Zone" sure didn't help Maryville then.

What was going on at that time? Maryville had talent but also some assistant coaches that the kids just didn't trust or respect. The 1986 Maryville Freshmen team drilled everyone they played, but because of those assistants, 75% of those kids quit. Their senior team went 5-5.

Then, in 1993 Coach Tim Hammontree was hired and he dismissed those controversial assistants. He installed the discipline that Maryville still has. He also hired David Ellis and George Quarles. After Maryville won State in 1998 Hammontree left to coach in Georgia. All the assistant coaches except George Quarles and David Ellis went with Hammontree.  George Quarles took over the program in 1999.

Coach George Quarles hired Coach Jim Gaylor from Clinton to be his Defensive Coordinator. The triumvirate of Coaches Quarles, Ellis, and Gaylor would become the heartbeat of the coaching staff. Coach Mike White was hired in 1999. He could easily be a head coach somewhere else.

Coach Quarles has since then hired and retained a number of good coaches. Joe Robinette is a great receivers coach. Derek Hunt is a bright young QB coach. Brandon Waters is a great DL Coach and even better Strength and Conditioning coach. Nick White, former HC at Lenoir City, is a great secondary coach. Ricky Upton, Jeremy Russell, Jeffery Booker and Brandon Johns are other great coaches.

Maryville has one of the best HS coaching staffs in America. Interest in football remains high now as 130 plus kids are out for football. The last several seasons Maryville has dressed out 95 kids on varsity. Most of these kids live "in zone" and have since elementary school. 

A lot of people think "open zone" tuition students are why Maryville keeps winning so much. However, Maryville's coaching staff is the primary reason Maryville is winning so much.  

Because of George's success at Maryville, there are cases where the family of a great player such as Jay Guilermo moves to Maryville. Guilermo's family asked former UT assistant Dan Brooks what school would be great for Jay. Without hesitation Brooks told them Maryville was where they needed to send Jay. If Jay Guilermo, Aaron Douglas or Dylan Jackson had been playing in the late 80's or early 90's, they probably would never have gone to Maryville.

Lets put it this way. I would much rather have Maryville be a "closed zone" school and have the current coaching staff than have Maryville be "open zoned" with a lesser coaching staff.

lol this guy😂😂. Do you know me? Do you know what I know about football? No you don't so shut your mouth and stop taking about **** you don't know about. What i do know Is Alcoa this year wasn't a top ten team in the state.. They couldn't even beat Maryville who lost to the 3rd best team in Williamson County... All k did was offer my opinion on a game and you come up with that hahahahaha

I know you are a clown and a sissy.

lol this guy. Do you know me? Do you know what I know about football? No you don't so shut your mouth and stop taking about **** you don't know about. What i do know Is Alcoa this year wasn't a top ten team in the state.. They couldn't even beat Maryville who lost to the 3rd best team in Williamson County... All k did was offer my opinion on a game and you come up with that hahahahaha

From what I heard, Ravenwood beat Indy in their scrimmage this year.  And congrats on Williamson Co having one championship winning season of football.  Blount Co will resume their gold ball-winning ways in 2016.....while the Williamson Co schools disappear

From what I heard, Ravenwood beat Indy in their scrimmage this year. And congrats on Williamson Co having one championship winning season of football. Blount Co will resume their gold ball-winning ways in 2016.....while the Williamson Co schools disappear

Tired of Ravenwood people trying to spin a preseason scrimmage into a victory over Indy. I kept the scoreboard for that scrimmage and Indy's varsity scored three of the first five possessions. Ravenwood scored twice. Ravenwood varsity offense played a sixth possession and scored against Indy JV players. Ravenwood JV did beat Indy's JV so total score went to Ravenwood. Congrats to Ravenwood regardless.