3a region 4 2016

I would pick York a slight favorite over Smith.

Hmmmm: Seq. started 10 seniors and one jr. against Smith and Smith started either two or three seniors. Smith only has either 4 or 5 seniors on the team. I heard one sr., who didn't start, quit so I don't know for sure how many we have. At the half it was 6-0 Seq. and near the end of the game Seq. was up 19 to 14 with Smith trying an onside kick for the win. Seq. sure didn't score 35 points and pull their starters against Smith. Granted Seq. has a very good team in all aspects and should have won for they were the better team and the best team in the region. Each game Smith is playing better as the youth start to jell while learning to shave. If I were an opposing team, I would hope that I had already played Smith. I am not boasting when I say that, I am only reflecting Smith's young team starting to not play like Freshmen, even though we have freshmen starting and some are first subs for the starters. Who knows, we may lose the remaining games but IF we continue to improve we could rattle some chains.    

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ole "soured grapes" here, so YAI now sits 0-4 and last place in the standings, but we're told its because of the schedule. thought this staff were genius'. they are now 2-12 under samber and with all due respect to Cannon and Grundy, we haven't beat anyone of consequence. in fact it not for the first two plays of the second half at Grundy I think we lose that one last year also. so now we hope we can beat Cannon and Grundy this year, then hopefully sneak up on Upperman or Smith to make the playoffs and all will be well correct.

Smith with 605, Upperman 753, both should remain 3A.

I heard a rumor today that Grundy has been falsely sending in bigger numbers then what's actually at the school..rumor has it Grundy really only has round 570 kids would be lucky to have 600..guess they only doing it to get extra money from the state..now whether this is true or not I dunno just what I heard

I find that hard to believe. If so there would be huge penalties that go beyond sports.

Supposedly it was brought up to them by a school director that is no longer there..that school director also tried to have them shut down a couple elementary schools which would have saved roughly 5 mil a year and could have done paid off the new high school..I find it hard to believe but the more I think about it the more I find it plausible because our school board and county board has been so corrupt over the years

My prediction for this weeks games

Cannon@york 21-35 I believe that York will get their first region win this week but cannon ain't a pushover if York plays sloppy cannon could easily pull out the W

Dekalb@smith 17-21 I look for smith to make this a statement game as this will most likely decide who finishes 2nd in the region. Both teams have good playmakers and is really a toss up..

Sequatchie@bledsoe 35-14 this game is nothing but bragging rights being both teams absolutely hate each other which has made some amazing games here lately..I think Bledsoe keeps it close in the first half but Sequatchie pulls away with the W.

Upperman@grundy 27-28 uppermans lost some really tough games this year and their one win came from a bad Monterey team..that being said they are really tough to judge..if grundy comes out and plays like they did against Watertown in the first half then I believe Grundy could pull off the miracle upset on homecoming night..

What is everybodies opinion on this weeks games?

Edited by Jackets86