Cleveland vs Father Ryan on Friday Dec 11

GodFamilyWrestling

Cleveland    Father Ryan   106 Bryce Pond vs James Killian   113 Phillip Freeman vs Christian Simpson   120 Michael Whiteside vs Raymond Eason   126 Tristan Blansit vs Trey Chalifoux   132 Colton Landers vs Joey Vogelpohl   138 Cody Mathews vs Kirby Simpson   145 Caleb Eachus vs Daniel Wesley   152 Seth Eachus vs Eli King   160 Steven Wilson vs Jake Wilson   170 Robert Hicks  vs Robert Garstin   182 Riley Stevison vs Andrew Wesnofske   195 Samual Grarcia vs George Hooker   220 Jacob Martinez vs Ben Stacey   285 Michael Lewis vs Jeremy Darvin          

Should be some great matches here. The lighther weights will be some great matches.  126 has the top ranked AAA against the top ranked Divison II.  113 and 120 is two of the best freshmen against the top Division II. 

Cleveland    Father Ryan   106 Bryce Pond vs James Killian   113 Phillip Freeman vs Christian Simpson   120 Michael Whiteside vs Raymond Eason   126 Tristan Blansit vs Trey Chalifoux   132 Colton Landers vs Joey Vogelpohl   138 Cody Mathews vs Kirby Simpson   145 Caleb Eachus vs Daniel Wesley   152 Seth Eachus vs Eli King   160 Steven Wilson vs Jake Wilson   170 Robert Hicks  vs Robert Garstin   182 Riley Stevison vs Andrew Wesnofske   195 Samual Grarcia vs George Hooker   220 Jacob Martinez vs Ben Stacey   285 Michael Lewis vs Jeremy Darvin          

Should be some great matches here. The lighther weights will be some great matches.  126 has the top ranked AAA against the top ranked Divison II.  113 and 120 is two of the best freshmen against the top Division II. 

I would take both Cleveland & Bradley Central over the Irish this weekend.  Several of the starters will not be down to weight and multiple starters will not be wrestling for various reasons.  Like many of us have said before, if you want to see the real Father Ryan wrestling team you need to show up and watch the state individual tournament.  Pat Simpson treats the regular season as it were nothing more than a pre-season warmup for when the gold hardware is passed out at the Cow Palace.  Not saying that Pat does not want to win but the regular season matches are just window dressing for when things really count at the end of the season.

• Upvote 1

Cleveland 

Father Ryan

Bryce Pond

vs

James Killian

Phillip Freeman

vs

Christian Simpson

Michael Whiteside

vs

Raymond Eason

Tristan Blansit

vs

Trey Chalifoux

Colton Landers

vs

Joey Vogelpohl

Cody Mathews

vs

Kirby Simpson

Caleb Eachus

vs

Daniel Wesley

Seth Eachus

vs

Eli King

Steven Wilson

vs

Jake Wilson

Robert Hicks 

vs

Robert Garstin

Riley Stevison

vs

Andrew Wesnofske

Samual Grarcia

vs

George Hooker

Jacob Martinez

vs

Ben Stacey

Michael Lewis

vs

Jeremy Darvin

Where does one find these rankings this early in the season? Or anytime for that matter?

106- James Killian

113- Phillip Freeman

120- Michael Whiteside 

126- Trey Chalifoux

132- Colton Landers

138- Kirby Simpson

145Caleb Eachus

152- Eli King

160- Steven Wilson

170- Robert Hicks

182- Riley Stevison

195- Could be either 

220- Ben Stacey

HWT- Michael Lewis

TEAM- Cleveland 

Great predictions.  Next time you go to Vegas, call me.  I like your pic's.  Not!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's review your pics:

Ryan wins 5 matches

Cleveland wins 8 matches

1 toss up 

Cleveland wins the match

Reality:

Ryan wins 12 matches

Cleveland wins 2 matches

Ryan crushes Cleveland

Ryan goes back to the hotel to prepare for the Cleveland Duals the next day in which they will wrestle 2 teams ranked ahead of them after beating a team ranked ahead of them this night.

I would have loved to have seen those predictions prior to the match.  They probably would have matched the prior predictions which were far from reality.  I would love to read your analysis on each weight class prediction and why the choice.  Just a question.   

Viewing the match on the internet, it looked like Cleveland was very young and Ryan looked like they had experienced wrestlers.  This is always a great match; however, Cleveland lost too much last year.  Cleveland will be very  tough in the coming years and I wish them the best.   Looked like a great environment as it always is at Cleveland.

I know both teams were missing key members of their team, Cleveland was missing Triston Blansit.  Any news on him?  I hope he is able to come back.  He is really good.

Best of luck on your next predictions.  You might want to look outside the box.  Ouch!

Edited by facenthecrowd
  • Upvote 2