Does your basketball coach allow players to play football?

Expectus

Why does it matter if it's college or high school? I mean there's scholarships involved a lot of times but at D2 or lower, a lot of kids basically pay to play. I talked to the Toress kid from Campbell county the other night. He went to Carson Newman on a football scholarship. He was first team AllState in football. He was also the district 3AAA MVP. I asked him if he was playing basketball up there? He said he ask the coach to walk on and the coach said he wasn't interested in any football players. Lol. I mean, this kids good enough to play, MVP of his district and you don't even take a look at him? There's got to be a reason for this philosophy? I mean their like 3-6 and you wouldn't let a kid walk on with that talent? I think Blevins is a pretty good judge of talent. If a stud football player tried out and could help the team, he'd keep him. I know I would. Lol

I don't know what the Bearden Coach would do...College Athletics in NOTHING and I mean NOTHING like High School Sports...All I am saying is that if he discriminates against any kid JUST because they play another sport then he is WRONG...and anyone else that does it is WRONG...I don't know if he even does that, just saying that its WRONG...PERIOD

I didn't want to chime in but I will. Years ago I asked one of his former assistants why they stopped letting football players play basketball and still let baseball kids play. He told me it was because a former football coach who was new at the time would not let the football kids do anything with basketball during the summer. So Blevins got ticked and made the rule and its been like that ever since. I do not like it, but that is what I was told.

I didn't want to chime in but I will. Years ago I asked one of his former assistants why they stopped letting football players play basketball and still let baseball kids play. He told me it was because a former football coach who was new at the time would not let the football kids do anything with basketball during the summer. So Blevins got ticked and made the rule and its been like that ever since. I do not like it, but that is what I was told.

WOW...How Childish is That...There it is

Well, there u go!!

WOW...How Childish is That...There it is

cmon, quick? What about the football coaches here? Are they not doing the same thing? I mean can't they do without the qb for a few days? So he can play point or wing for the ball team? Who's really got the problem here? I mean if I'm the football coach at Bearden, after they give me the job, first thing I'm doing is heading to see Blevins and see what I can do to get the best athletes in both sports playing. How many u think ever do that!? Look, Blevins will be there for the next 3 football coaches, one of them gotta go talk to him. I've always said the best athletes are the basketball players, if I were football coach, I'd want all of them. Lol

Talked to some friends at Bearden. People say they know the details?? They have no idea. This is way bigger than the coach wants to admit to. He's hoping it doesn't all get out. He's blaming 'political correctness" for his suspension? He should have a law suit then. He should file one. My guess is he knows better, because then EVERYTHING comes out. Not just this little blurb. 

What is that supposed to mean?

Never mind, I read the article on Knoxville News Sentinel about his suspension.

Bad news for sure. Have no idea what caused this suspension but Bearden High School basketball will suffer as a result. Blevins is one of the best coaches in the area without a doubt and his loss will be felt.

Talked to some friends at Bearden. People say they know the details?? They have no idea. This is way bigger than the coach wants to admit to. He's hoping it doesn't all get out. He's blaming 'political correctness" for his suspension? He should have a law suit then. He should file one. My guess is he knows better, because then EVERYTHING comes out. Not just this little blurb.

Well, since you are commenting negatively about Coach Blevins, I thought it would only be fair to point out that I read on Twitter that Ex- Bulldogs Ty Greene & Rico White expressed total support for Coach Blevins. Greene mentioned in his tweet that he had heard the details, too and was very disappointed in suspension.

I don't claim to know what happened to cause the suspension but there are obviously two sides to this story.

Norman. I am reporting back what I heard. I have no idea if it is true or not. 

Of course there are 2 sides to the story. My guess would be he didn't get suspended for no reason. Do you think the BOE would suspend a teacher or coach without having substantial evidence that he did something worthy of a suspension. In this day of "i will sue you" you can be assured that the BOE did their homework before casting down the punishment. 

If the coach is right then he should sue.