Does your basketball coach allow players to play football?

Expectus

This is just a post to this interesting topic. I'm a football guy, but I like basketball too. Some of my favorite basketball weeks are when the football players have been knocked out of the playoffs and they are first getting on the court. They bump and thump and foul like a bunch of Percheron horses in granny's kitchen. I say let them play all the sports they want - two or three if they can handle it. If you're not a big enough man to support the kids in what they want to do, you shouldn't be coaching in the first place. 

I do not think that any high school Coach should tell kids which sports they can or can not play..Period..But from what I have heard its much to do, about nothing, whinning parents about playing time.Guess what players/parents, if you want playing time then you got to beat the guy out,financial status has absolutely NOTHING to do with playing time and if you sonor daughter cant take a Coach getting in your face every now and then don't play competitive sports, Players got to prove themselves every single day in practice. Now I am just going by what I have been told and their are always 2 sides to every story, I hope it gets resolved so everyone benefits but I find it extremely odd that the girls Coach was asked to assume the Boys Head Coaching duties instead of a Boys assistant. Best of Luck to all parties involved

Edited by Hyperquick

I do not think that any high school Coach should tell kids which sports they can or can not play..Period..But from what I have heard its much to do, about nothing, whinning parents about playing time.Guess what players/parents, if you want playing time then you got to beat the guy out,financial status has absolutely NOTHING to do with playing time and if you sonor daughter cant take a Coach getting in your face every now and then don't play competitive sports, Players got to prove themselves every single day in practice. Now I am just going by what I have been told and their are always 2 sides to every story, I hope it gets resolved so everyone benefits but I find it extremely odd that the girls Coach was asked to assume the Boys Head Coaching duties instead of a Boys assistant. Best of Luck to all parties involved

The JV coach for Bearden isn't a teacher so he can't coach. But it does seem odd that the girls coach (I think he coached boys at Heritage) wanted to do both. If he starts running his own plays with the boys then the writing is on the wall.

This is not about a player or players getting their feelings hurt. Do you think that the Knox County BOE would suspend a coach for "just" yelling and motivating his players. The ex players that have tweeted they know "all" the details don't know a 10th of the details. I understand their want to support their old coach, but there is way more than just a yelling here or there. The coach made it sound like he was suspended for not being "politically correct". That's a slap in the face to the administration. From what I have gathered, and I've talked to a lot of ex parents, this has been going on for a long long time. I was told by one of them to look up the definition of "sociopath" and you will know Mr. Blevins. I did that. WOW!!! I can't believe the man is still there. He must have someone downtown on his side. The principle should stand up for ALL the kids and let this guy go. You know. We as human beings always want to know "who told on us" for doing the wrong thing. They are the bad guys not the person that did the wrong thing. That's whats going on here. The kids and parents all can't be wrong. Quit trying to find out "who told" and start punishing the doer of the deed.  I hope EVERYTHING comes out. There's a lot.

This is not about a player or players getting their feelings hurt. Do you think that the Knox County BOE would suspend a coach for "just" yelling and motivating his players. The ex players that have tweeted they know "all" the details don't know a 10th of the details. I understand their want to support their old coach, but there is way more than just a yelling here or there. The coach made it sound like he was suspended for not being "politically correct". That's a slap in the face to the administration. From what I have gathered, and I've talked to a lot of ex parents, this has been going on for a long long time. I was told by one of them to look up the definition of "sociopath" and you will know Mr. Blevins. I did that. WOW!!! I can't believe the man is still there. He must have someone downtown on his side. The principle should stand up for ALL the kids and let this guy go. You know. We as human beings always want to know "who told on us" for doing the wrong thing. They are the bad guys not the person that did the wrong thing. That's whats going on here. The kids and parents all can't be wrong. Quit trying to find out "who told" and start punishing the doer of the deed.  I hope EVERYTHING comes out. There's a lot.

Word on the street is that he wouldn't let a kid from the chess team play basketball !!!!

Now, seriously, I said to you a couple pages back that you must really be pissed at this guy to start two different threads about him. You , not him, make me sick!!! You bunch of crybaby parents that think little Bobby should be playing more make me sick!

You need to wait till this all comes out before you start demanding he be fired. Your talking about a man that's earned that!!

If he's done something wrong they'll take proper action. Until then you need to show a little class.

Word on the street is that he wouldn't let a kid from the chess team play basketball !!!!

Now, seriously, I said to you a couple pages back that you must really be pissed at this guy to start two different threads about him. You , not him, make me sick!!! You bunch of crybaby parents that think little Bobby should be playing more make me sick!

You need to wait till this all comes out before you start demanding he be fired. Your talking about a man that's earned that!!

If he's done something wrong they'll take proper action. Until then you need to show a little class.

HaHaHa. I'm pretty sure I can say anything I want on this board. Isn't it funny how we started talking about all this and then POOOOF a 30 day suspension. Sir. With all due respect. I love how you continue to back this guy and how every time I say something negative towards him you chime in that it must be because I'm pissed at him. Lets' say this, and this isn't "word on the street". If you knew the truth about this guy you would be appalled. If it comes out in the paper tomorrow or Wednesday, it will only be the rational about the 30 day suspension. It will not be about the miles and miles of files this man has on him. I hope that will come out too soon. I guess we sit back and see if anything come out in the paper soon (wink wink)..

By the way. At the end of your post you said "if he 's done something wrong then they will take action".

He's been suspended for 30 days!!!!!!!!!!! Does that mean he did something right????? He's already been found at fault. That's why he's at home while his team is playing a tournament in Myrtle Beach. That's why he will be at home while his team plays in the the tournament that he is supposed to be running.

Carolina. Do you think he didn't do anything wrong, that's why he isn't coaching??? How about you Knoxguy? Do you think he's at home because he has the flu? Do you think he got a 30 day suspension because he's a super great guy? Oh wait I know. He got suspended because (in his own words) "I just coach hard". Sometimes I just do the best I can". That poor pitiful me. I would never hurt anyone. See what they did to me? I was just trying to make kids better. Why are they picking on me? Why am I always getting investigated? I'm not the bad guy they are.

The traits of a sociopath.

Antisocial Personality Disorder is chronic, beginning in adolescence
and continuing throughout adulthood. There are ten general
symptoms:

not learning from experience
no sense of responsibility
inability to form meaningful relationships
inability to control impulses
lack of moral sense
chronically antisocial behavior
no change in behavior after punishment
emotional immaturity