Tri-County Seven

etownsparky

Since Coachh17 is currently preoccupied with his new bride, I will take a shot at an initial ranking.  I don't know much about some of the teams, so I'm placing emphasis on overall records and head-to-head results. Here's my list at this point:

1. Elizabethton (4-0) - Early competition was weak (including a win over Johnson County), but won convincingly against a solid Daniel Boone team yesterday. Will know more about where this team is after the Roundball in the Palace this weekend.
  2. Hampton (5-3) - Have beaten Happy Valley, Unaka and Johnson County already.
  3. Happy Valley (5-2) - Beat Cloudland and Unaka with only losses coming to Hampton and a close one at home to Grainger.
  4. Unicoi County (4-5) - Lost to Hampton, but has a win over Cloudland.  Have played a fairly tough schedule so far.
  5. Unaka (4-3) - Lost to Happy Valley, but have an impressive win over Chuckey-Doak.
  6. Cloudland ( 4-4) - Beat Johnson County, but lost to Happy Valley and Unicoi.
  7. Johnson County (2-7) - Have suffered losses to Cloudland, Elizabethton, and Hampton so far.  This team has a new coach and is quite young so they will likely struggle again this year.

As always, we will know more as the season progresses and there are more head-to-head matches.  Even at this early juncture cases could likely be made to re-arrange spots 4-6. I think it's safe to say Betsy is at the top of the heap and Johnson County is at the bottom. Please reply with your comments, recommendations, and/or criticisms. 

Edited by etownsparky