Bruce Lussier Quits!

mustachiomenace

After many of terrible seasons coaching the Father Ryan faithful Bruce Lussier finally sees the light and quits but some people might call it retire, either way he's finally gone. Who will the Irish get next year to coach them? Will it be from the current staff? Or a outsider? Or just maybe the coach that took them to their last championship in 1998, who happens to coach at Hillwood now? So many questions but at least we know that it's all uphill for the Irish now because they have been at the bottom for a while....

• Upvote 1

The culture of the school must change if FR is going to win in football.  The Board of Trust (33% alumni) and administration must understand that the school can be successful in athletics without sacrificing  academics.  It's time for the alumni to take a step forward and demand that everything possible be done to help the football program be successful within D2.  The program is so far down that even if everything possible is done correctly it could take 6+ years to turn the program around and compete for a championship. Even if Bill Belichick were named the new head coach it would take a long time to fix this program.

Edited by cbg

I was at the BA game. The Eagles looked like a FBS team and Ryan looked like an FCS team. That's just a size comparison. It looks like the big and most talented kids are all going to BA, MBA, and Ensworth. I don't know if Ryan will ever really compete for a D-II title no matter who is coaching.

And this is why he couldn't win there. Trust me, Bruce is a very good coach, but if you don't have the players it doesn't matter how good of a coach you are. I know how good he is. He coached OR to a 60-14 record in his tenure here, and took us to the semi's twice, so I know he's a good coach.

Edited by SweetScience

1- he never beat MBA

2- he was out recruited horribly. Lost paying Catholics to MBA, BA, Ensworth and CPA.

3- when he had talent he couldn't win the big one

Ryan deserves a coach with Ryan ties. The Board, administration and alumni have failed miserably the last 15 years. So, say what you want. But it needs to end and go back to the roots of the school. Forget the national search and go after an alumni

• Upvote 1