Bruce Lussier Quits!

mustachiomenace

The next coach of Ryan could come from Centennial

Two questions:

1.  Why should Father Ryan hire him?  He has never coached in D2 and everyone that knows anything about D2 football will tell you it's about more than X's & O's.  Would he be able to keep the Catholic football players from going to MBA, Ensworth, Brentwood Academy, CPA, etc...?  Would he be able to circle the wagons & get the Catholic community in Middle Tennessee to once again support the Irish?  Does he know the prudent questions to ask the administration and Board of Trustees to guarantee the support he would need to be successful?  If it continues to be business as usual and the administration is not willing to give the athletes 100% of the financial aid that they qualify for you could hire Lou Holtz and he would not be successful. 

2.  Why should anyone take the job?  The school has proven that they are not willing to give the football team the tools that it takes to be successful.  It has been reported numerous times that the Irish only give students 50% of the financial aid that they qualify for each year.  It often cost Catholic student/athletes less money to attend MBA, Ensowrth, Brentwood Academy, Harpeth Hall, etc...than it would to attend Father Ryan due to them receiving 100% the amount of financial aid that they qualify for at those schools.  The Irish football team has not defeated MBA in 20+ games and from what I am being told that streak is not likely to end anytime soon.  There are less student/athletes in the Parochial school system participating in football than ever before and that is the Father Ryan feeder program. 

Whatever individual the Irish decides to hire should have a contract in writing with the school spelling out exactly what the school is willing to do to assist the football program (number of 100% financial aid football players, number of assistant coaches to be hired immediately, travel budget, etc...) in being successful.  Without a written contract it becomes a he said/she said fiasco with everyone pointing fingers at the other party.  Without the school making some serious concessions it will just be business as usual and nothing will change. 

Edited by cbg

There are about 125,000 reasons to compete against BA, MBA, and Ensworth. Hard workers and very deserving of this opportunity if he is indeed named the coach

Someone can work 24/7 but if the school is not willing to give them the tools that it takes to be successful they will not beat BA, MBA & Ensworth. Bill Beichick would have a difficult time winning with the way FR has handcuffed their football program.