Best of Preps- who ya got?

plato

Great games tonight at Chatt. State. Jay Price and his workers put on an exciting event.

As for the games, Central seemed to have things easily in hand before Baylor made a late run. Central's athletes proved to be too much.

The Tyner/McCallie game was the best of the night. Both teams played hard and the game was well played. Tyner's guard had two early fouls and that hurt them.

Going to be a fun one on Tuesday night.

Edited by plato

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why don't we just call it the Best of Private Schools rather than the Best of Preps? Three of the four teams in the finals are private schools. Lord knows that they don't recruit, do they? How many of the athletes in the finals would be at the public school in their home school zone if it weren't for 'scholarships of need' offered by the private schools? Just a thought from an inquisitive mind. Look at the kids on the roster of those schools and tell me where they are from and we'll take this discussion from there. 

Why don't we just call it the Best of Private Schools rather than the Best of Preps? Three of the four teams in the finals are private schools. Lord knows that they don't recruit, do they? How many of the athletes in the finals would be at the public school in their home school zone if it weren't for 'scholarships of need' offered by the private schools? Just a thought from an inquisitive mind. Look at the kids on the roster of those schools and tell me where they are from and we'll take this discussion from there.

baylor and mccallie are allowed to recruit. So not quite understanding your statement.... It's not like they just ran teams off the court. Baylor boys lost mccallie only won by 13 and Baylors girls won in a nail biter. It's a tournament for Christ sake. Baylor and mccallie both play in the private school division so I don't see your issue

Bacon- the point of the post is to offer comments on the games, not a public/private debate. There is a forum for that. I suggest you take you comments to that thread.

If you have comments about the games played in the best of preps, then please offer them.

Okay, okay, I give. I was just making a sarcastic remark. Its obvious that the private schools in Chattanooga have become the power in every sport, both boys and girls in recent years. I don't begrudge them that because that's reality. I watch them play multiple times in several sports each year. And lord knows, I'm not trying to start another debate on public and private. I'm sick of that topic just about like everyone else on these boards. GO BIG BLUE!