12AA

ecu

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Who wins tonight? CPA or Marshall    Cascade or Giles?  Marshall gave CPA all they wanted last time out. Giles beat Cascade in a low scoring game last time.  Going to go with two upsets.

CPA was dominate, especially on defense. Held MC to 4 points in 2nd half until about 1:30 left in game when benches were emptied. 

I saw that game. After hearing how CPA was "down" this year, I thought it might be competitive.... CPA won because they had vastly superior athletes. Just because they lacked a major college prospect in the post, does not mean they do not have far better athletes than anyone else in their district.

Congratulations to a fantastic effort in the district tournament and a great year! Good job Coach Maddox. You proved coaching is still the key and you are one of the best.

Congrats CPA and Coach M.  I've been saying for years, that you don't need all those  AAU recruits,   especially the D1 (JuCo) recruits!  So happy to see you winning according to the school's mission! 

Drew and his staff did a great job this year and the kids aren't as talented as the Lindsay, Bonds, Blackwell, and Campbell type of players but with that said I will add that I do believe that private school kids aren't the same as those that play at public schools like Marshall, Giles, and Cascade. They'll be criticized but overall there has been something unique about this particular season for them.

Drew and his staff did a great job this year and the kids aren't as talented as the Lindsay, Bonds, Blackwell, and Campbell type of players but with that said I will add that I do believe that private school kids aren't the same as those that play at public schools like Marshall, Giles, and Cascade. They'll be criticized but overall there has been something unique about this particular season for them.

This post, unless I am misreading it, is very disturbing to me on many levels.

1. to say "private school kids aren't the same as those that play at public schools..." demands an explanation. Why aren't they the same? Are they some genetically engineered "super human" cranked out from a laboratory? They are 14-18 year old human beings.  

2. If they are different, then so are the kids in the public school teams that are better than MC, GC, and Cascade. Are the Creekwood, White Co. and other public schools' kids "not the same" either?

3. who is criticizing them? You are the first person who has mentioned criticism. Most people have congratulated them and left it at that.

There IS something unique about this group, but it has nothing to do with being private. They knew they did not have the talent of previous years and a dominating player, so they were "coached up", worked tirelessly, and bought into a system that demands that each player be able to do a lot of things, play hard all the time, and shoot well. They could have whined about losing 2 HS All-American level players, but they had pride in themselves, love for their school and each other, worked their butts off, and responded to a coach that knows what he is doing and that cares about them beyond just basketball. Seems like a pretty good formula for success to me, for any kid, public or private.