Union City Basketball

stock68

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

where are all the UC fans this year? Last year the talk was UC that only lost 4 games all year. They finished 2nd in the state losing to a good Mitchell team out of Memphis. They lost their three big horses last year. they are good but not as good as last years team.

Hey Stock, Happy New Year! We are starting to turn it around since our Football players have been back but we have a ways to go. I am very curious as to how good UC is. I hope to see them sometime soon. I'm not sure if we will be good enough to get out of the region to get a rematch with UC! Hopefully we will get there. Hope Malik is doing well!!

What's up Stock and Int.? I think 3 of the top 4 teams from the west will be the same. Mitchell, UC, and TCA will be in the Sectional. I think Halls replace Humboldt. I also think anyone of us could also lose. In the past we could have an off night and still win. Not this year. We are off to a decent start losing to East, Hamilton, Whitehaven, and Har-Ber out of Ark,. all much larger schools. We avenged the Hamilton loss. Should be an interesting year.

Edited by Galilee

Happy New year to TCA and Galilee guys. UC is in Florida, they won one and lost one haven't heard about game 3 for 5th place. Halls has already put it on UC once I look for Humbolt and LC to give them all they want if not more. Malik is doing fine at Crowleys Ridge. After golf he started playing JV ball for them. Thanks for asking. Talk to you'll later

What's up Stock and Int.? I think 3 of the top 4 teams from the west will be the same. Mitchell, UC, and TCA will be in the Sectional. I think Halls replace Humboldt. I also think anyone of us could also lose. In the past we could have an off night and still win. Not this year. We are off to a decent start losing to East, Hamilton, Whitehaven, and Har-Ber out of Ark,. all much larger schools. We avenged the Hamilton loss. Should be an interesting year.

Happy New Year Galilee! I'm not sure TCA should be in the Sectional conversation yet. We have the size and talent but are currently not consistent enough to be in that conversation. Traditionally, we play our best ball in late January and early February and if we do the same this year I think we have a shot. I think Middleton has to be in the conversation ahead of us until we prove otherwise. We have a couple of players who are starting upperclassmen that don't have big game experience but hopefully will have matured by late January. I agree that Halls will be in Sectional. I'm not sure who I would pick between Humboldt and UC. I plan to go to that game next Friday. Looks like Memphis has three or four really good Single A teams in addition to Mitchell. I don't think any of them will challenge Mitchell too much. Good to hear from you.

While they are much larger schools I doubt they have any more talent man for man than Mitchell does. Being able to pull in talent from the entire city of Memphis like Mitchell does pretty much squashes the " we got beat by a larger school" excuse.

While they are much larger schools I doubt they have any more talent man for man than Mitchell does. Being able to pull in talent from the entire city of Memphis like Mitchell does pretty much squashes the " we got beat by a larger school" excuse.

You spend so much time concerned about Memphis high school athletics.. Man let it go.

You got it all wrong, i'm not at all concerned with Memphis basketball sir.  I just tell it like it is.  No shame in getting beaten by those quality teams.  Mitchell is and will always be one of the favorites in Class A when you consider the talent pool they are allowed to pull players from.  Good luck to ya'll :popcorneater:  

Edited by UCSportsFan

• 4 weeks later...

I watched the UC vs Humboldt game a couple of weeks ago at UC.

Here is my take. UC isn't nearly as good as last year. They are still a very good team but definitely a notch below last year. Weddle is the X factor. He can shoot it and shoot it deep. If he's on they could be dangerous. They do not have great size but they do have adequate size. Their bench is solid but doesn't appear as deep as last year. I do believe it will be UC and Halls in District finals and Region finals. Hard to replace Stockdale, Simpson and Deberry.

Humboldt is still a year away from being great in my opinion. UC ended up winning by 15 but Humboldt was in the game the whole way. Humboldt is fast and athletic. They are not huge but have decent size. Abernathy is an outstanding coach and will have them ready. I don't think they will get out of region but I do think they will make it to semis of region. I think a good strong zone defense will shut Humboldt down this year. Probably not next year.

It was a great, competitive game. I've seen these two teams play each other the last 4 years and it's always a battle! Good luck to both teams!