Dobyns Bennett Athletics

No fun intended here but your football program is slowly turning into a laughing stock. Last year when Kingsport came to Maryville to play half our seats were empty because most fans expected it to be the normal blowout which it was. The only thing that saved that night from a total crash was the halftime performance provided by your all's great band. The only thing Kingsport has left is all time wins in Tennessee and the last time I looked that will be history if it already hasn't. You people need to either decide are you sheep or men and go after the problem. I don't won't to alienate any of you but from where I'm setting it looks like a mess up there and I'm sure the men that played back when they were a powerhouse don't appreciate it. When your looking for a new coaching hire you go after who you want not wait for someone to show up at the door to fill out an application like Wendy's. You don't see GQ setting on his a## down here in Maryville. He wanted Jefferson County's coach for a linebacker coaching position and went and got him. No one knew about it until the day he showed up. That's the difference between winners and losers. The problem starts at the top and you work your way to the bottom.9znhp2.jpg

Edited by BarneySox2007

No fun intended here but your football program is slowly turning into a laughing stock. Last year when Kingsport came to Maryville to play half our seats were empty because most fans expected it to be the normal blowout which it was. The only thing that saved that night from a total crash was the halftime performance provided by your all's great band. The only thing Kingsport has left is all time wins in Tennessee and the last time I looked that will be history if it already hasn't. You people need to either decide are you sheep or men and go after the problem. I don't won't to alienate any of you but from where I'm setting it looks like a mess up there and I'm sure the men that played back when they were a powerhouse don't appreciate it. When your looking for a new coaching hire you go after who you want not wait for someone to show up at the door to fill out an application like Wendy's. You don't see GQ setting on his a## down here in Maryville. He wanted Jefferson County's coach for a linebacker coaching position and went and got him. No one knew about it until the day he showed up. That's the difference between winners and losers. The problem starts at the top and you work your way to the bottom.9znhp2.jpg

A lot of people knew about it actually ;)

You are 100% correct Barney but a few years to late. DB football is finished as any kind of powerhouse. Anything above 500 on the season will be considered successful from here on out. Funny you should mention the band. You see, the majority of the fine folks in Kingsport are only interested in something to brag about. Now they have the band. And its a monster. With near 500 band members consider the number of parents and grand parents pushing that agenda. And that includes the school administration and school board. Actual sports are like a side dish at dinner that nobody wants to eat. Football gets less and less support every year. All that along with the worst AD in the history of mankind and throw in the fact that half the coaching staff couldn't coach at the pee-wee level and you have the death of a football program. I don't think it can be fixed.

WacoJaco is sandbagging, DB will be better than you think this year.    No, they won't beat Maryville, but I could see 6-4 or maybe even 7-3.      There is a method to this madness...

No sandbagging blazer. And you just proved my point. Anything above 500 on the season will be considered a success. 6-4 is just a tic above 500. But the band will be awesome.  Could you imagine saying that any year before 2005?

Edited by WaCoJaCo