Moore County is looking for a new Head Football Coach.

MCHSBigBlue

You may be right. All it is going to take is for some school to make the move and hire him. They will instantly become winners. I saw this man's resume when he applied for the Sequatchie job. I was very disappointed when they didn't hire him. Yes, he has made mistakes. What man hasn't?

No doubt the guy can coach football but a poor leader for High school kids.The trick he pulled and the lack of respect for the rules looks pretty bad.Kids need coaches with good moral values.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's review:

1) You have a teacher with 3's, 4's and 5's on his evaluations.

2) He has a winning record and makes the playoffs in his second year as HC.

3) He molds young people (both male and female) into responsible, respectable young adults that adore him.

But an elected school board of five choose not offer him tenure. This is the same leadership that removed him as HC of the girls softball team, (after being named District Coach of the Year and going to the state tournament) even though he was willing to be HC of both the softball and football teams.

It boils down to those that didn't like his selection as Coach Frost as OC, and the icing on the cake was that the starting QB was Coach Frost son, got their way.

So don't believe those that say teacher performance/evaluations/student grades are priority(see #1).

There are more politics in sports, than in politics.

I agree with you. I pulled for Pudge to get that job and still believe he's that best guy for it. I feared this would happen when Frost's son got the nod as starter. Unless he came in and accounted for 400 yards a game, the decision was going to be questioned, right or wrong.

I'm sure he'll land on his feet, but hated it happened. I wouldn't be shocked to see him back at Cascade in some capacity.

So you're saying politics played a role in this move? That's unfortunate for the young coach. It's ashame these men just can't coach football and not worry about who they are pleasing. We've seen a similar scenario so I hope the best for the coach. As for the school? You better be careful what you wish for. You might be worse off than before.

So you're saying politics played a role in this move? That's unfortunate for the young coach. It's ashame these men just can't coach football and not worry about who they are pleasing. We've seen a similar scenario so I hope the best for the coach. As for the school? You better be careful what you wish for. You might be worse off than before.

The politics: school board members son doesn't start at QB, school board votes not to offer tenure even though the principal and school superintendent recommend offering tenure. ??

Edited by Three2

He'll land on his feet. I assure you of that. He's too strong of a man to let people of so little character tear him down. In the end he knows that when one door closes God's already got another one open for you--better and bigger opportunities await where people will appreciate what you bring to the table, the sacrifices you make, and the fact that you build men on and off the field not just win ball games.

It has that appearance, but I'm not "in the know" enough to say that. I was only referring to the well known fact that anytime the Coaches son gets the nod at a prestigious position such as quarterback there had better be no doubt as to who should be starting. They are critiqued twice as hard. (Right or wrong)

He turned down the option to step down as head coach which in turn means he turned down tenure. Very few people I know find the option of assisting the position you formally held as appealing for you, your successor, or the program you love. The fact is he'll be an asset to another program. He'll find the position that's right for him and his family and will invest in the young men there just like he has at Moore County for six years. Everybody is entitled to an opinion about who should play where but in the end there's one man hired to make that decision based on lots of variables. The unfortunate thing in Moore County is that the coaching staff can't make those decisions and be respected. There's too many people who think they should call the shots. The next guy will run into the same scenario as soon as he doesn't play who they think he should play.

He'll land on his feet. I assure you of that. He's too strong of a man to let people of so little character tear him down. In the end he knows that when one door closes God's already got another one open for you--better and bigger opportunities await where people will appreciate what you bring to the table, the sacrifices you make, and the fact that you build men on and off the field not just win ball games.

+1

When Mac McCurry was first hired at Moore County, they were having a meet the Coach night. One of the School board members came to Mac and told him that he will need to be playing so and so. Mac looked at him and said I thought I was hired to be the football coach!!! That School board member never spoke to Mac again. Being in control made Mac the success he was.