6AAA 2016

smpanthers

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No apology is necessary from you coach rusty, but I appreciate the thought. 

I am passionate about softball and I talk to passionately about it.  What I am trying to do is get emotion from anyone.  I raise issues and hope someone will care enough about the game to help me want to change it.  I try to change the attitudes everyday.  I call out people to try and help change it and I work my butt off in trying to help change it in a positive way.  You are right, I have made some real comments that should have brought out emotions, but believe it or not, you are one of the first to get passionate about my comments and for that, I appreciate it. 

Finally someone who cares and doesn't sit back and do nothing.  I have attended games, for years and have seen some horrible horrible coaches acting like they were gods of the game and never teach the kids anything, but constantly berate them for not doing the right thing.  All the kids fault and never theirs, but they didn't teach them in the first place.  I am so tired of seeing this and have had camps where coaching was taught, and how to coach teens was taught and personally have ask those type coaches to attend, but their answers were, "we already know the game and there is nothing we can learn new".   So total frustration!

I am doing my part with love and emotion for the game of softball and watching far too many acting like they are doing their part.

By the way, I just heard this morning, White County Coaches have resigned.

As you know my time for now ended in this district last night. Very proud to have gotten to be apart of this group of girls softball journey to this point. Some of them are going on to continue in college playing ball and some played their last game last night. I hope that somehow we have left the district better than we found it and that it continues to grow. Good luck in the future with these girls coming up. Who knows I may be back in a couple of years! It has been fun!

First off Soddy won fair and square. They hit we didn't. As far as bad calls really just a typical game on both sides, however the strike zone the first 3 innings was absolutely rIdiculous for both sides. He did argue a call on a tag at 2nd base in the 7th. He wanted the plate umpire  and 3rd base umpire to change a safe call on a running tag away from the base at 2nd. they were both 90' away and of course they didn't change it. After having a day to look back at it I wished the outcome was different but, it is what it is. Do I think they put 8 on Cookeville again if they play? Absolutely not! We have played alot better teams than Soddy this year and beat a couple of them. I see Soddy and Wes making a silent exit after Wednesday. They got Ootewah once but I don't think that will happen again. Really liked watching their lead-off and catcher play though. Those 2 are good players.

Edited by COACHRUSTY

Ootewah won over Soddy and now we have to step up in this District. 

I have tried to get people stirred with emotions all season long and no one has had any emotions except coach rusty.  And he is leaving, so who will have any emotions about how bad this District is for next year. 

Too many times we all just sit around and let this happen and do nothing to get better. 

Cookeville has been on top for a while, Rhea Co has had a good team and Warren is going to be really tough next year, maybe, but what about the bottom of the district.  I have seen teams come and go with all the talent in the world and nothing being done by coaches to step it up.  Learn how to coach your team, learn how to coach your players and bring it. 

White County, Sparta, coaches hung it up this week.  They had so much talent and never accomplished anything.  Some of that talent is back, and a lot of lazy is gone so if they get the right coaches they could turn it around. 

Cumberland County, Crossville, has some talent coming back but they are going to have to step it up.

Stone Memorial, Crossville, has some talent, but they have issues.  The coaches are good and need to turn that attitude around in the kids.

Warren County has talent!  They also have good coaches.  But for some reason, the tournament has not been for them.  Play much better before tourney.

Rhea County, Evensville, has all the talent in the world.

Cookeville, has so many to choose from.  Their coaches are outstanding and they play with emotion and hustle and dedication!!!

How can we go from not so good to really good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just heard Coach Michael Dodgen, White County High Schools basketball coach is going to be named the Head Softball Coach at White County.  He coached softball at Smith County a few years back.  He got so much out of his basketball team during his first year at White Co and he will probably get more out of the kids in softball than the previous staff.  At least, he will not stand for lazy from the kids and will not be mad at the world.