Riverdales Aydelott Resigns. New Era For Riverdale!

warrior82dad

Not sure which team your talking about but even with a bad coach and failing program because of it Riverdale has gone to the playoffs 8 out of the past 10 years. That's long after 2005. Just imagine what they could have done if they would have had a coach that cared about developing his program instead of drawing a check???? Rutherford County is the fastest growing county in the state and the Riverdale zoning area has the highest amount of new construction and available expansion area for residential housing in the county. As the county grows the program will grow with a coach that can develop it..

I have heard that the Stewart's Creek area and Rockvale were the fastest growing but I am several counties away.

Sounds like we need some links to establish the fastest growing places. :rolleyes:   Regardless, the Riverdale zone is growing fast and has a lot of new development just kicking off.

The rezoning could be interesting as The Oakland side of town is also growing quickly.  If I were to make my best guess, some the areas that Oakland took from Riverdale a few years ago could come back to Riverdale as current Riverdale zone shrinks on the Rockvale side.

Have they even set a date and started land acquisition for Rockvale HS?  I remember when we all talked about the 'new' Christiana High School that never happened. 

TDC I want to say I saw where the land acquisition has been approved and 2019 is the goal date.

I went out and did some googling around and checking the DNJ.  Seems the plan in Rockvale is to use land that they already have at the middle school.  Also saw that the plan for opening in 2019 was approved, however, no money to implement that plan has yet been approved.

The plan has been pretty fluid as they were deciding between Buchanan and Rockvale this time last year as the location.  Then they settled on Rockvale in 2020.  Now have moved that up a year to 2019.

Pretty sure that a Rockvale school will eventually put an end to Eagleville at the HS level.  There have been some with that goal for a long, long time.

We need a good list of potential candidates for the opening (any inside knowledge of applicants would be cool):

Coach K

Rector

Is White still at Oakland?  He should be ready.

Would McDaniel leave the private school world

Carson

Who else?

Steve Carson would be a great guy for the job.  As many have stated he did an incredible job at Eagleville and is already in the system.

I will say this though.  People may say what they want but Riverdale is not what he once was just because of the number of schools now located in  Rutherford county.  Coach A is a great coach, works incredibly hard and runs a great program.  Almost anywhere else 88-35 would get you a statue but the bar there is almost unreachable.  When you look back ten years from now it will be interesting to see what the overall record of the coach is.  When you win almost 9 games a year and you still are not doing it right it almost becomes an unreal situation.  I  hope everyone gives the new coach plenty of time to "turn things around".  if anyone has a murphy fair book you should look up his winning percentage, it will be very high and very impressive.  Again if you think he and his staff were lazy and did not want to win you are crazy.  He is one of the most competitive people I have ever met and he has not changed.

I think it is very nice to have a job where you do not do your job in front of the whole community and your failures are so public.   I know that it is our choice to be out there on Friday nights.  We focus on the failures and not the successes.