Individual State Predictions

wrestlingdad64

Made weight all season ? Just step on a scale!

lets not be abnoxious. For all intensive purposes he was on weight based on the scales he used leading up to it. Maybe the scale at regions was off. Most of the time there is a difference between 2 different scales. He didn't miss because he didn't "step in a scale" before hand and check. Or because he didn't do everything to make wait. This kid has the heart of a champion and I guarantee you he did everything to make sure he was on weight. The scale just wasn't in sync with the one at Lebanon. It sucks. Also I'm pretty sure in the olympics and MMA, which as "pro wrestling" as you can get, they get time to drop it and re weigh. They can also can drop there shorts and re weigh

Never allow a scale variance to end your season. I bet the team will weigh twice before the state tournament. I would bring a tanita scale for the kids to check weight before arriving at weigh in. If your close, do what you can before you weigh in officially. Sad thing, but could have been prevented.

He missed weight because he was too heavy.

Period. It's TSSAA not the Olympics or MMA.

Edited by HSDAD
  • Upvote 1

I've been to hundreds of major tournaments and I've yet to see ANY major tournament without a check scale and without a challenge scale (usually the check scale is one of the challenge scales). Of course I wasn't there and don't know if the Region tournament was an exception and also don't know if maybe he was stuck in traffic or got to the weighins at the last minute. But it is a shame as he surely would've been competing for a state championship (provided he made weight for the next 3 weighins)

HSDAD I know where you are coming from and I respect your take on the situation. But I must agree with newestguth there's gotta be something in place to give the kid a chance at a re weigh. If hes over by a good amount then yes it falls on him, but a tenth? .1 pounds over? Come on... Let the kid take a leak and re weigh

Ill give my top 4...

106: Charles Wheaton- Soddy

Brayden Palmer- Beech

Bryce Pond- Cleveland

Trent Nelson- Tennessee High

113: TJ Hicks

Calvin Martin- William Blount

Graham Brothers- Brentwood

Job Dooley- Franklin

120:Ryan McElhaney- Bradley

Logan Whiteside- Cleveland

Michael Moultry- Siegel

Dylan Coggins- Stewarts Creek

126:Tristan Roa- Brentwood

Triston Blansit- Cleveland

Jack Shrader- Franklin

Owen Schnedler- Independence

132:Corbin Hurley- Tennessee

Joseph Munoz- Walker Valley

Colton Landers- Cleveland

Nick King- Wilson Central

138:Knox Fuller- Bradley

Dewey Pendley- Tennessee

Zach Wilkins- Mt Juliet

Cole Iller- Centennial

145:Trevor Rippy- Beech

Michael Diemer- Heritage

Landon Fowler- Blackman

Jordan Massengill- Ooltewah

152:Donnie Beyer- Bradley

Chris Rowland- Ravenwood

Christian Salter- Siegel

Kris Bledsoe- Bolton

160:Tucker Russo- Soddy

Matthew Sells- Blackman

Colton McMahan- Knoxville Halls

Damon Smith- Wilson Central

170:Zach Linton- Wilson Central

Tate Holmes- Anderson Co

John Oliveri- Stewarts Creek

Kyle Smith- Beech

182:Kaleb Ribby- Beech

Nathan Walling- Mt Juliet

Dawson Johnson- Bartlett

Jaylon Martin- Walker Valley

195:Brett Brown- Bradley

Justin Johnson- Stone Memorial

Andre Bravo- Blackman

Dylan Pearson- Tullahoma

220:Tyler Barber- Stewarts Creek

Hunter Bagley- Stewarts Creek

James Parker-Overton

Austin Hagerman- Tennessee

285:Nick Boykin-  Riverdale

Logan Townsend- Jefferson Co

David Adams- Bradley

David Savco- Cumberland Co

Someone please fill out 5th and 6th lol. Best of luck to all competing!!!

Edited by SWEEPsingle2k

HSDAD I know where you are coming from and I respect your take on the situation. But I must agree with newestguth there's gotta be something in place to give the kid a chance at a re weigh. If hes over by a good amount then yes it falls on him, but a tenth? .1 pounds over? Come on... Let the kid take a leak and re weigh

lets not be abnoxious. For all intensive purposes he was on weight based on the scales he used leading up to it. Maybe the scale at regions was off. Most of the time there is a difference between 2 different scales. He didn't miss because he didn't "step in a scale" before hand and check. Or because he didn't do everything to make wait. This kid has the heart of a champion and I guarantee you he did everything to make sure he was on weight. The scale just wasn't in sync with the one at Lebanon. It sucks. Also I'm pretty sure in the olympics and MMA, which as "pro wrestling" as you can get, they get time to drop it and re weigh. They can also can drop there shorts and re weigh

Actually they have to weight in A Singlet not just under shorts and no they can not drop them at Olympics or any Freestyle or Greco tournament.

There are rules in place. Every wrestler weighed in on those scales. Please post the long list of wrestlers who did not make weight for all to view.

Again, it's a shame. But complaining about the rules will not alter the outcome or the rules.

Buckeye, good luck @ State ! How's that ?