Bearden high

Olddawg1948x

Olddawg,

Get over it. The school is changing, the old heads are getting removed. Ever stop to think that these coaches weren't doing things the right way? Just because you're winning doesn't mean you're doing things the right way. Ever stop to think, maybe there is some truth to the Blevins accusations? He had those kids petrified to play another sport. Is that permissible? And why would the principal, getting paid over 100k at the biggest HS in the county take a Middle school principal job at a private school? That's absurd. You sound like a disgruntled parent whose son was treated like royalty because he was probably one of the better players. Change always makes complacent people uncomfortable, and maybe these coaches at Bearden enjoyed being complacent, and Bartlett didn't want that. Bartlett hired a good human in Parrott, it's High school Basketball, you don't need Roy Williams, you need someone that's going to be disciplined, know how to manage players, make them better over their four years, and maximize their potential. When I think of the previous Bearden coaches that have been removed, I don't think "maximizing potential" and you can ask former players about that. All I'm saying is don't act like you know exactly what's going on, when you're just a disgruntled former parent peeking in from the window, upset that Beardens made changes.

From what I'm hearing, the team, parents, boosters, students are moving on. Nothing anyone can do but move forward, accept the change (or go somewhere else) and see what happens. Blevins is gone and hightailed it out of the state -  so is the team never to play again and just talk the good old days? There may be one or two hardcore Blevins fans on the team that'll transfer, but that's their right. The Bearden Blevins reign is over. Give the new coach a chance, he's not even in the door yet.  You may be surprised when Bearden wins district next year. You never know.

The real story is in today's paper.  Someone needs to explain "due diligence" to the Bearden community.

Maybe Bartlett and the AD need to gather the parents, fans and boosters and sing a few verses of kumbaya.... Since the Bartlett hire, coaches have been replaced in football, boys basketball, girls basketball, baseball, volleyball, softball (and I have no clue about soccer, tennis and the other minor sports). Yep must have been a lot of bad coaches on the staff when he took over..... but those same bad coaches had some of the top teams in the state.

Given his past history at Loudon, you would have thought that much more attention would have been paid to "funds"

Irish

Exactly right, not only coaches but the entire guidance office at the school ....some have said many of them knew too much?......they are involved in grades aren't they?-.........the list doesn't stop! Teachers hired that didn't work out because of sexual issues or drugs etc etc......

Irish

Exactly right, not only coaches but the entire guidance office at the school ....some have said many of them knew too much?......they are involved in grades aren't they?-.........the list doesn't stop! Teachers hired that didn't work out because of sexual issues or drugs etc etc......

Olddawg...your conspiracy theory is getting a little ridiculous.  I've just chuckled at your thread thus far but seriously?  I currently have two children at BHS...both involved in athletics...one played bball for Blevins in recent years.  Blevins cut him (which I understood, he didn't develop the way Blevins hoped he would) but the way he did it was cruel and unnecessary.  Every allegation alleged against Blevins is true with the exception of putting his foot in that kid's stomach.  It's been going on for years.  Not sure why it was this year that administration decided to handle it.  But the rest of the crap you are posting is just that...crap.

• Upvote 1

Knoxsportsmom, I beg to differ but there is a lot going on at Bearden that eventually will get out and you will eventually know as well. The fact is a coach really can be fired at anytime for any reason, Blevins or anyone else for that matter so the truth of allegations can actually play very little in a decision. I have no doubt some might see his actions as being demeaning but little 18 year old Johnny at BHS shouldn't have to be taught to be mentally tough etc but his parents go to watch the UT game on Saturday and cheer that Coach Jones is being tough on them to make them men. Practices that exceed time? TSSAA has things to say about that. Too many kids in the car.....yes he should have been disciplined for that. But the most serious one they got wrong....a physical act against a player that never happened....anyone get suspended or disciplined for that?...seems they should have. Most coaches over there now have probably done all those things at some point, other than the direct physical contact. One question that was asked by the Superintendent at the hearing was " why are you playing so many freshmen ?".....which to me speaks greatly of what went down here, along with momma's whose son didn't make the team. Seems we should be spending more time getting superintendents and directors of transportation disciplined and suspended for the job they're doing relative to bus safety. And you should spend a little more time researching the subject that you know so little about. In fact Blevins actually took a job two years ago at another location but when he started telling the players he was leaving, several of them became so emotional he called the school back and told them he changed his mind. Another example of what a terrible person he is to the kids. You really don't have enough knowledge here to comment .

Knoxsportsmom, I beg to differ but there is a lot going on at Bearden that eventually will get out and you will eventually know as well. The fact is a coach really can be fired at anytime for any reason, Blevins or anyone else for that matter so the truth of allegations can actually play very little in a decision. I have no doubt some might see his actions as being demeaning but little 18 year old Johnny at BHS shouldn't have to be taught to be mentally tough etc but his parents go to watch the UT game on Saturday and cheer that Coach Jones is being tough on them to make them men. Practices that exceed time? TSSAA has things to say about that. Too many kids in the car.....yes he should have been disciplined for that. But the most serious one they got wrong....a physical act against a player that never happened....anyone get suspended or disciplined for that?...seems they should have. Most coaches over there now have probably done all those things at some point, other than the direct physical contact. One question that was asked by the Superintendent at the hearing was " why are you playing so many freshmen ?".....which to me speaks greatly of what went down here, along with momma's whose son didn't make the team. Seems we should be spending more time getting superintendents and directors of transportation disciplined and suspended for the job they're doing relative to bus safety. And you should spend a little more time researching the subject that you know so little about. In fact Blevins actually took a job two years ago at another location but when he started telling the players he was leaving, several of them became so emotional he called the school back and told them he changed his mind. Another example of what a terrible person he is to the kids. You really don't have enough knowledge here to comment .

...said the pot to the kettle.