8AA 2016

Onthedirt

Hmm. We have made it to state three times in a row now and I still haven't seen her called for leaping and she's started since freshman year. Shouldn't they call that at the state tournament level? I'm not trying to be a prick. I'm honestly asking. During her down time she plays in the highest level leagues you could imagine and still has never been called. I can tell you the people she has talked to at colleges also have never said anything to her. Strange in my opinion that this is the first time I've seen it mentioned.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm. We have made it to state three times in a row now and I still haven't seen her called for leaping and she's started since freshman year. Shouldn't they call that at the state tournament level? I'm not trying to be a prick. I'm honestly asking. During her down time she plays in the highest level leagues you could imagine and still has never been called. I can tell you the people she has talked to at colleges also have never said anything to her. Strange in my opinion that this is the first time I've seen it mentioned.

I respect your post way more than the other guy who said LA was just in cause Macon wasn't full strength (only reason I chimed in to begin with). I'm not trying to be an a&$ either ... I will state the facts... Cap is a beast and there is no question about that from anyone but she does leap. Last year she wasn't as bad as this year... I have seen the videos have taken of her where people complain both years. I'm just telling you what I heard the college coach say standing behind me at the game. I agree that you are doing a fine player an injustice by not fixing it now.

I don't know how close any of you follow college softball but Florida about lost two games in World Series a few years ago from their pitcher not dragging and leaping. They were awarded a base for every illegal pitch and that girl was barely off the ground.

She's been called on it. About 5 times this season. The last two games DC played against LA were won because a very strong ss smashed homers in both games. It's a nine player game.

Hey I think Tyra Graham hasn't gotten near enough credit. This girl makes me way more nervous at the plate and in field than any other... She is that good. This girl has been a deciding factor in every win I have seen from Dekalb. I love her attitude too, she lets her play do the talking.

About leaping

For all those who say "well she hasn't been called for it"... That's was the same quote Louisiana Lafayette coach said yesterday when the pitcher was called for 6+ illegal pitches for leaping. The head official said "I don't care what hasn't been called, I'm calling it because it is a rule". He is right, how mad would you be if a batter swung and a ball hit her over the strike zone... Ump awarded her first anyway & said "well no one else has called it". Little different perspective on the whole "no one else has called it" approach. 😉

Edited by Turnadouble

Haha flying is good term too.

The official word in rule book is leaping.... I wish it would let me post a pic. It shows an example of both crow hoping(replanting and then pitching) & leaping is not keeping contact with the drag foot(both feet in air at same time).

Didn't it use to allow us to add a pic before? I can find a place now.

Let's go LA! I am proud of this team no matter what! This team has worked so hard and has done so well as a team. Go and play and have the time of your lives! Who would have thought at the beginning of the season that this young team would be taking the field at the 'Boro tomorrow. Proud of all and congrats to our coaches for a great season.