8AA 2016

Onthedirt

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leapin without toe contact with the ground creates a unfair advantage allows pitchers to gain more drive momentum toward the plate which allows increase in velocity plus creates a release point closer to the plate which in turn allows less reaction time for the batter. Why did 8aa umpires not call this? Are we goin to start allowing 3 seconds in the paint this basketball season as well or x- tra step on walking violation s?

Sounds as if the regular season umps did her no favors by not calling it.

This was what I have been saying all season. We pay our umps too much not to follow a basic rule and call it. She can drag her foot but why should she when she can pitched harder leaping and no one calls it. Now it's a bad habit & the sad thing is Dekalb is a GREAT team and now this whole team has to deal with a situation... At state... that should have been addressed a long time ago.

First things first Caplinger is a real good pitcher and from what I can tell an even finer young lady, with that said anyone who has paid attention to 8AA softball for anytime should know the umps from that area are just terrible. Danny Bond is an outstanding coach and gets more out of his teams year after year than probably any coach around BUT He intimidates every ump in that area to lengths I am not sure I have ever seen. Caplinger is illegal every time she pitches and has been from day one but does any one really think any umpire doing Dekalb games has the guts to call that? Heck if I didn't know any better I would guess Bobby Winningham and Bond go on vacation together and Crockett calls the district final last year and a week later his picture is on Facebook hugging a Dekalb Co. player. Bond rules that district, has for years and until the umps and the other district coaches step to his level expect more of the same. Oh yeah good luck Dekalb!!

First things first Caplinger is a real good pitcher and from what I can tell an even finer young lady, with that said anyone who has paid attention to 8AA softball for anytime should know the umps from that area are just terrible. Danny Bond is an outstanding coach and gets more out of his teams year after year than probably any coach around BUT He intimidates every ump in that area to lengths I am not sure I have ever seen. Caplinger is illegal every time she pitches and has been from day one but does any one really think any umpire doing Dekalb games has the guts to call that? Heck if I didn't know any better I would guess Bobby Winningham and Bond go on vacation together and Crockett calls the district final last year and a week later his picture is on Facebook hugging a Dekalb Co. player. Bond rules that district, has for years and until the umps and the other district coaches step to his level expect more of the same. Oh yeah good luck Dekalb!!

Yep... You pretty much summed it up. Hey.. I'll be the first to say Bond is a great coach, Dekalb is great team, Cap is a great pitcher but I would just like to see how everyone plays on even playing field!

I agree with many of the things being said. But when it comes to Bond..

He has been coaching here 31 years or so.

Overall record: 678-258

District record: 291-56

18 district titles. 24 regional appearances. 12 sub-state appearances. 8 state tournament appearances.

31 winning seasons in 31 years coaching DC.

I don't think he has been "intimidating" officials for decades guys. Come on.. I agree she has a slight, and I mean slight, hop. I even watched a slow motion video and it was still barely a crow hop. I've seen some insane hops before. She's being called for it now so we will see where it goes from here. As far as I'm concerned we're going to our third game in the state tournament here in less than an hour and that's all I'm focused on.

Edited by TigerPride23