8AA 2016

Onthedirt

Oh ok then, I believe you.

Yeah, I think he's already HOF worthy myself. However, I just wanted to get other peoples opinions. Obviously mine is going to naturally be slightly biased. I agree with you on everything you just said. In your opinion, who is the best pitcher Coach Bond has ever had?

Also, who is the best pitcher you've ever seen in this district? And if you can remember as much, what years did she play, and at what school?

Ashley Redmon is probably one of the better pitchers that DC has had. Morgan Page was also pretty good.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh ok then, I believe you.

Yeah, I think he's already HOF worthy myself. However, I just wanted to get other peoples opinions. Obviously mine is going to naturally be slightly biased. I agree with you on everything you just said. In your opinion, who is the best pitcher Coach Bond has ever had?

Also, who is the best pitcher you've ever seen in this district? And if you can remember as much, what years did she play, and at what school?

The best Dekalb pitcher was probably the Barnes girl.. She could bring it...and was left handed. There have been some pretty good pitchers in the district. Hull pitching the U to the title game was a very good one. Anderson that pitched for YAI for one year (2003) was tough. She pitched at Austin Peay. Curtis for LA was really good for 4 years (1997--2000) or so. She pitched at Cumberland before being injured. Tackett was good at the U. She was only in the district for 2 years. She pitched at Cumberland. Morris at SC (1999-2003) was all district 5 times. She pitched at Bethel...all conference every year. Wakefield & Pyburn from SC both played at Lambuth 4 years. Redmon from DC pitched at Maryville all 4 years. All of those pitchers won district titles. Some won a couple. . Edited by Antwan

Ashley Redmon is probably one of the better pitchers that DC has had. Morgan Page was also pretty good.

Do you remember what year Ashley graduated? It seems as if I went to school with her, but that she was 2-3 grades ahead of me. Yeah, Morgan was a good one, that's for sure. I'm only two years older than her, so I seen her play several times throughout the years.

The best Dekalb pitcher was probably the Barnes girl.. She could bring it...and was left handed. There have been some pretty good pitchers in the district. Hull pitching the U to the title game was a very good one. Anderson that pitched for YAI for one year (2003) was tough. She pitched at Austin Peay. Curtis for LA was really good for 4 years (1997--2000) or so. She pitched at Cumberland before being injured. Tackett was good at the U. She was only in the district for 2 years. She pitched at Cumberland. Morris at SC (1999-2003) was all district 5 times. She pitched at Bethel...all conference every year. Wakefield & Pyburn from SC both played at Lambuth 4 years. Redmon from DC pitched at Maryville all 4 years. All of those pitchers won district titles. Some won a couple. .

Now how did the Morris girl manage to play at SCHS for 5 years? Did she play for the HS while in 8th grade, or did she get held back a grade one year sometime throughout her time is a student from K-12?

Edited by DCTIGERFAN

Do you remember what year Ashley graduated? It seems as if I went to school with her, but that she was 2-3 grades ahead of me. Yeah, Morgan was a good one, that's for sure. I'm only two years older than her, so I seen her play several times throughout the years.

Now how did the Morris girl manage to play at SCHS for 5 years? Did she play for the HS while in 8th grade, or did she get held back a grade one year sometime throughout her time is a student from K-12?

She played for the high school as an 8th grader. That was before the middle school was built. I think Redmon graduated in 2004.

Well some truly SAD news has broke in DeKalb County today. Our beloved longtime coach, Danny Bond, has decided to retire as the Tigerette's softball coach. No successor has yet been named.

What does this mean for DC's program? What does this mean for 8aa as a whole? Who are some names we will see, or should see as potential candidates for our vacant head coach position? I imagine this will be a pretty coveted job. We should be able to hire our pick of the litter. 

http://www.wjle.com/news/2016/danny-bond-retires-tigerette-coach-gets-new-position-school-system

• 4 weeks later...