8AA 2016

Onthedirt

LA is getting stronger every game! Won 4 games yesterday in the Upper Cumberland Tournament to get to the Championship Game. Played Jackson Co, Gordensville, Henry Clay out of KY, Pulaski County out of KY and Oakland in the Championship. Lost 3 to 2 in extra innings. Pennycuff pitched them all. Very Proud of this team!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love undefeated teams, just like everybody else, but would rather win a State Championship than be undefeated - my point - DeKalb is pretty tough, but they have ONE pitcher.  ONE pitcher who helped take them to the State last year and she was worn completely out when they got to the Finals!!!  And this year is going to be the same.  The pitcher is pitching against teams that are awful and of course they are winning BIG - 12-0, 12-2, and so on.  I don't get it. Get some other kid in there to do some of the work against the teams that are not in your District.  My gosh, get the kid some rest so you can have the firepower to bring home a STATE Championship!  DeKalb won't get it done again this year because they won't have the arm to do it WHEN IT COUNTS!!!

Love undefeated teams, just like everybody else, but would rather win a State Championship than be undefeated - my point - DeKalb is pretty tough, but they have ONE pitcher.  ONE pitcher who helped take them to the State last year and she was worn completely out when they got to the Finals!!!  And this year is going to be the same.  The pitcher is pitching against teams that are awful and of course they are winning BIG - 12-0, 12-2, and so on.  I don't get it. Get some other kid in there to do some of the work against the teams that are not in your District.  My gosh, get the kid some rest so you can have the firepower to bring home a STATE Championship!  DeKalb won't get it done again this year because they won't have the arm to do it WHEN IT COUNTS!!!

Almost every team that has won a title has one dominant pitcher.

Love undefeated teams, just like everybody else, but would rather win a State Championship than be undefeated - my point - DeKalb is pretty tough, but they have ONE pitcher. ONE pitcher who helped take them to the State last year and she was worn completely out when they got to the Finals!!! And this year is going to be the same. The pitcher is pitching against teams that are awful and of course they are winning BIG - 12-0, 12-2, and so on. I don't get it. Get some other kid in there to do some of the work against the teams that are not in your District. My gosh, get the kid some rest so you can have the firepower to bring home a STATE Championship! DeKalb won't get it done again this year because they won't have the arm to do it WHEN IT COUNTS!!!

http://www.coacht.com/tennessee/inside/schedule.cfm?schoolid=110&sportid=5

Some decent teams have been on the schedule. We have made it state the last few years and fallen, true. It wasn't solely pitching. You have to score to win, which we couldn't do. It just happens when you get to the big leagues. At least we have made it a habit to make it that far. In my opinion that's a successful program with nothing to be ashamed of.

This last tournament we were in over the weekend we defeated Beech 6-2, lost to Clarksville 1-2 (check out Clarksville's record and opponents they've played to see the quality of competition), defeated Holy Cross (KY) 3-1, and lost to Riverdale 2-3.

I'd say we are capable of hanging. When it comes tourney time we very well may run out of steam, but like I said just sounds like sour grapes in your post to be honest.

Certainly appreciate the comments to my post.   Sour Grapes in no way!  I am pulling for DeKalb to win it all.  And, I am not stupid enough to think the pitcher can do it all.  What I am saying is:  DeKalb is good enough to win it all, completely good enough to win it all.  Bond is excellent, but, get the pitcher some rest so she will be full firepower for the tournaments.  She is good, the team is good, but last year she was pitched to death.  Her team couldn't help her at all in the finals so she needs to be completely rested.  Why pitch her against teams that are so weak they couldn't beat DeKalb if they only played with three players on the field?  I know they are good, just don't be stupid and pitch your top pitcher against teams who have won 2 or 3 games.