Region 7 AA Who you got? GO

WestTNHoopsFan

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obion County has beaten both Fayette Ware and Lexington this season, although it was early on. So that side of the bracket should be a fun one to watch. 

And I think everyone is looking forward to the Westview/South Side matchup in the Semi's.

I'm predicting a Fayette Ware/OC matchup and the Westview/SouthSide for the semi's.

Then a OC/SouthSide matchup for the finals!

I don't think he's got OC and WV playing again.

Also, as a Rebel fan, The refs didn't lose this game for OC.

treefitty74 - I was listening to the district championship on the radio and it seemed that Central did make some mistakes at the end of the game (turnovers and by stalling a little when they had the lead), but in the final stats Westview had 32 free throw attempts to OC's 9. That seems a little far fetched to me, but I wasn't there so I can't make the call if the refs lost it for them or not, just wanted an opinion if you were there to watch it all unfold. 

Edited by Durrrin

treefitty74 - I was listening to the district championship on the radio and it seemed that Central did make some mistakes at the end of the game (turnovers and by stalling a little when they had the lead), but in the final stats Westview had 32 free throw attempts to OC's 9. That seems a little far fetched to me, but I wasn't there so I can't make the call if the refs lost it for them or not, just wanted an opinion if you were there to watch it all unfold.

WV gets ALOT of calls against Central(and I mean ALOT) but I refuse to make that excuse for them. OC had their shot to win the game and they didn't execute.

WV gets ALOT of calls against Central(and I mean ALOT) but I refuse to make that excuse for them. OC had their shot to win the game and they didn't execute.

But wouldn't the fact that since WV gets three times as many foul calls on them that that is a detriment to OC's game. Takes them out of their rhythm and also gives WV more points by putting a great shooting team on the free throw line. So even though OC didn't execute, the refs essentially are giving WV the best opportunity to win...