A/AA 2016

reaction

Since little response, I'll wade in. Signal lost tonight 3-1 to CCS. Only 2 upperclassmen have continued to play select soccer and unfortunately it shows. ND was there shooting game film though the sun and wind were brutal on the hill. As usual and until the rift, district will come down to those 3 I think. Boyd very strong in the region. Injuries and illnesses can wreck havoc at this time of the year so we all just play them 1 at a time. Congrats to ND on a great win last night!

Good to hear from you Tarp.   ND was pretty fired up about beating Baylor, especially since our seniors were 0-3 against them.  Not to take anything away from the win, but Baylor is really not playing that well right now.  They have some really good players and a lot of speed, but they seem to care more about putting hits on people than they do about winning the ball. They just seemed reckless and unorganized to me.  It wouldn't surprise me if they pull it together and give McCallie a challenge though.

Speaking of a challenge (or lack thereof), Boyd is yet to play anyone that would indicate how good they are this year.  Their first tough match will be against Baylor in a couple of weeks.  However, I am pretty sure Boyd will coast to a region 3 championship and be waiting for the runner-up out of our region to determine who goes to Murfreesboro.

The ND schedule is set up nicely this year with no games in the week before we play CCS, and also the week before we play your boys.

Good to hear from you Tarp.   ND was pretty fired up about beating Baylor, especially since our seniors were 0-3 against them.  Not to take anything away from the win, but Baylor is really not playing that well right now.  They have some really good players and a lot of speed, but they seem to care more about putting hits on people than they do about winning the ball. They just seemed reckless and unorganized to me.  It wouldn't surprise me if they pull it together and give McCallie a challenge though.

Speaking of a challenge (or lack thereof), Boyd is yet to play anyone that would indicate how good they are this year.  Their first tough match will be against Baylor in a couple of weeks.  However, I am pretty sure Boyd will coast to a region 3 championship and be waiting for the runner-up out of our region to determine who goes to Murfreesboro.

The ND schedule is set up nicely this year with no games in the week before we play CCS, and also the week before we play your boys.

ND has been putting up some great results (especially with their tie with Science Hill).

I think they will have a good run post season.

I also think that the CCS vs. Notre Dame game will be a tough one.  Such rivals!  They both always get up for that game!

Boyd will be quite good, though I think they may be one year from "peaking" (I believe they are young), however they seem to be clicking so far.  I would love to see them play a more competitive schedule, however, sometimes that has drawbacks as well (fatigue and injury).

In the Chattanooga area Boyd, ND, and CCS are clearly above most other teams. ER is probably the strongest out of the rest of the city, but remember, they got knocked off by a Howard team that really only had a few good players last season. I haven't heard much about Hixon, but assume they are near the top of the standings in their division. ND beat Baylor the other day which is impressive. They get my vote for #1 A/AA team in the area.

The ND vs CCS game will be a good one. I may have to go watch that one.  You are also right about our schedule, not the toughest. I'm ready to see how we do against Baylor and McCallie. 

The ND vs CCS game will be a good one. I may have to go watch that one.  You are also right about our schedule, not the toughest. I'm ready to see how we do against Baylor and McCallie. 

It should be a good one, but I thought that about our regular season game against them last year, before we collapsed and lost like 5-0.  We did have a 0-0 game against them in the district semis though and lost after 8 rounds of PKs.  ND is playing much better this year than last, so as long as we stay healthy I think we can hang with anyone in A-AA.

Also...I wasn't trying to be critical of Boyd's schedule, it is what it is.  I was just trying to make the point that it is difficult to tell how good Boyd is based on results so far.

There are times when I think ND could stand to throw a few more easy games into their schedule.  Our last 6 games were:  McCallie, Northwest Whitfield, Knox Webb, Science Hill, Hardin Valley and Baylor.  I would submit that might be the toughest 6 games in a row that any team in TN has played this year.  Which may explain why we have so many guys limping around this week.

Also...I wasn't trying to be critical of Boyd's schedule, it is what it is.  I was just trying to make the point that it is difficult to tell how good Boyd is based on results so far.

There are times when I think ND could stand to throw a few more easy games into their schedule.  Our last 6 games were:  McCallie, Northwest Whitfield, Knox Webb, Science Hill, Hardin Valley and Baylor.  I would submit that might be the toughest 6 games in a row that any team in TN has played this year.  Which may explain why we have so many guys limping around this week.

ND always seems to have a very tough schedule. It can help in the long run, but injuries are a risk. I wish we had a few more tough games on the schedule. East Hamilton is usually pretty good, but they seem down this year. At least our tougher games come at the end of the season, so when we go into post season we have at least seen something. 

Edited by reaction

ND always seems to have a very tough schedule. It can help in the long run, but injuries are a risk. I wish we had a few more tough games on the schedule. East Hamilton is usually pretty good, but they seem down this year. At least our tougher games come at the end of the season, so when we go into post season we have at least seen something. 

We lost one starter in the Knox Webb game that is yet to return.  We were actually lucky to only lose one that game, it was anarchy.  All other "injuries" seem to be minor and should miraculously disappear at kick-off on Friday.

We lost one starter in the Knox Webb game that is yet to return.  We were actually lucky to only lose one that game, it was anarchy.  All other "injuries" seem to be minor and should miraculously disappear at kick-off on Friday.

I haven't been on here since the game but ND played good last Friday saw4ND. #17 up front is a really good player. You guys controlled pretty much the whole game vs CCS. The Bucs take on Baylor tonight. Should know a little more about the Bucs after tonight. 

I haven't been on here since the game but ND played good last Friday saw4ND. #17 up front is a really good player. You guys controlled pretty much the whole game vs CCS. The Bucs take on Baylor tonight. Should know a little more about the Bucs after tonight. 

ND had a great first half against CCS, and it was very frustrating to not have at least one goal by halftime.  I thought the second half was pretty even, with both teams appearing to be in control at various times.  Seeing the ball finally go in the net in the 79th minute was awesome, to say the least.

And yes, #17 is a heckuva player.  Definitely one of the most skilled players in Chattanooga, maybe the State based on the teams I have seen.

The seeding for the A-AA District 7 tournament will be decided tonight with the Notre Dame vs Signal Mountain result.  ND needs at least a tie to clinch the #1 seed.  If Signal wins it gets complicated and goes into tie-breakers, so lets just not go there  :D.  I have been surprised by some of Signal's results this year, (like the loss to a struggling Hixson team last week), but if history is any indicator, both teams will be fired up for this game, and previous results may not mean a thing.