GP at Elizabethton

lawnman

I was bragging on your team until you called the coach a cheater. Besides one big goofy guy from GP who was running his mouth when they were announcing our senior teams accomplishments, I thoroughly enjoyed the game. GP played us closer than anybody else this year.

Well that's nice of you. However, this wasn't senior night or awards night. All that was for was to try and intimidate. No one was fooled on that one. Coaches from other schools were laughing about it, a college coach said, "well this is complete bull crap, how classless." And I'm sorry for calling your coach a cheater. However perception is reality and he has been caught breaking rules MULTIPLE times. That takes nothing away from your girls. They are very deserving. Not him.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am about as big of a Cyclone homer as there is, but I would have waited until after the game to read the list of accomplishments, if at all.  I think GP used that as motivation, which I would have done as a coach.  Elizabethton's post game celebration with the student body was understandable after a close and exciting win.  I did not think it was excessive and I did not understand why GP did not wait to shake hands.  Hines did all she could until fouling out late to win the game.  Pittman is a very good team and is to be commended for their heart and talent.  Melenda Perry was huge early for Elizabethton. The Marosite twins came up huge in the final minute and the Lady Cyclones move on to the Boro. Go Cyclones! 

Yes I thought all that before the game was stupid. I got a big laugh when they said # 25 in the nation them polls are useless this is not college where you can see everyone. Perry carried Eliz 1st half then when Hines fouled out GP was lost and the 5th foul was bad on her part. Looking at the AA State it looks loaded record wise. I know EHS can beat Grainger but the rest of the teams have played a tough schedule and still have great records.

Edited by Tab

That's what great about this group of girls they can all shoot and it seems to be a different one each night and when you need a big shot or some one to step up Kayla is huge.I think she finished with 24 points and 17 of them were in the second half and she scored 11 of our last 13 points in the game.Go Lady Cyclones!!

Edited by lawnman

I am about as big of a Cyclone homer as there is, but I would have waited until after the game to read the list of accomplishments, if at all.  I think GP used that as motivation, which I would have done as a coach.  Elizabethton's post game celebration with the student body was understandable after a close and exciting win.  I did not think it was excessive and I did not understand why GP did not wait to shake hands.  Hines did all she could until fouling out late to win the game.  Pittman is a very good team and is to be commended for their heart and talent.  Melenda Perry was huge early for Elizabethton. The Marosite twins came up huge in the final minute and the Lady Cyclones move on to the Boro. Go Cyclones! 

i wasnt there but wow!!!!!  so betsy can celebrate with their student body after a close,big win and GP is suppose to stand there after a tuff, hard fought loss and wait on the great betsy to get finished doing whatever they are doing to shake hands....    and everybody on the cyclones side is ok with this. NOT RIGHT 

i wasnt there but wow!!!!!  so betsy can celebrate with their student body after a close,big win and GP is suppose to stand there after a tuff, hard fought loss and wait on the great betsy to get finished doing whatever they are doing to shake hands....    and everybody on the cyclones side is ok with this. NOT RIGHT

I don't think Coachh was suggesting that GP should stand there indefinitely waiting for the celebration to end. I suspect he was implying they should have given it a few more seconds (like maybe 10). The Lady Cyclones players were surrounded by the student section that stormed the floor afterwards. Anyone that knows this group understands they would not intentionally snub the GP girls. The GP bench did immediately line up at the buzzer but quickly abandoned the idea and headed for the dressing room. Both reactions are understandable given the emotional circumstances of the game. I say, "no harm, no foul" by either group.

I don't think Coachh was suggesting that GP should stand there indefinitely waiting for the celebration to end. I suspect he was implying they should have given it a few more seconds (like maybe 10). The Lady Cyclones players were surrounded by the student section that stormed the floor afterwards. Anyone that knows this group understands they would not intentionally snub the GP girls. The GP bench did immediately line up at the buzzer but quickly abandoned the idea and headed for the dressing room. Both reactions are understandable given the emotional circumstances of the game. I say, "no harm, no foul" by either group.

I agree. I can tell your girls are a class act. Was wonderful to see them take a break from shooting before the game to spend a moment with the young person in the wheelchair. I was mostly speaking to the fact the coaching staff didn't shake hands but I'm not surprised. Good luck at state!