GP at Elizabethton

lawnman

I don't think Coachh was suggesting that GP should stand there indefinitely waiting for the celebration to end. I suspect he was implying they should have given it a few more seconds (like maybe 10). The Lady Cyclones players were surrounded by the student section that stormed the floor afterwards. Anyone that knows this group understands they would not intentionally snub the GP girls. The GP bench did immediately line up at the buzzer but quickly abandoned the idea and headed for the dressing room. Both reactions are understandable given the emotional circumstances of the game. I say, "no harm, no foul" by either group.

That is exactly my suggestion.  The student body rushing the court was spontaneous.  Had GP just sat for a moment I am sure Coach Dugger and the Cyclones would have lined up for a handshake.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not fault the players or fans.  It is the coaches responsibility.   This was not their first rodeo. 

It was not a last second victory and Dugger should have reminded his team during the last TO to show GP the respect they had earned. 

And Bama he IS a cheater.   Was back then; still today.

Lady Cyclones won't just be replacing five senior starters new year.

Likely a whole new staff as well.

Edited by limestonecove