Livingston @ McMinn Central

Folks, listen. LA had just as bad as a game as MC. Foul shots cost LA the game, too. Especially at the end. MC simply ran into a team just as good as they are. It wasn't close because they "had a bad game."

Did Livingston go ice cold from the free throw line at then end? Yes. However, without all the free throws they had in the first half, this game would have been out of hand by halftime.

Folks, listen. LA had just as bad as a game as MC. Foul shots cost LA the game, too. Especially at the end. MC simply ran into a team just as good as they are. It wasn't close because they "had a bad game."

Ok. Central beat them by 20 earlier in the season so I would say it was a bad game by Central paired with referees that have no clue what a walk is. LAs gaurds couldn't break the press without walking and couldn't score without shooting free throws. If LA could hit wide open layups under the basket and clutch free throws they would have won easily but they couldn't. Had a perfect opportunity to win with an inexperienced freshman on the floor for Central and still couldn't get the job done. Still made for a fun night!

Did Livingston go ice cold from the free throw line at then end? Yes. However, without all the free throws they had in the first half, this game would have been out of hand by halftime.

Actually LA was 2-9 from the line in the fourth quarter missing four straight in the last 54 seconds. Also the first half was not that bad LA was 12-16  McMinn 8-11. Not a huge number over

Edited by LAfan

Central's bad free throw shooting was throughout the game; LA wasn't bad at the line until the 4th quarter.  I haven't seen the stats, but I'd guess LA had at least 10 more free throw points than Central did.  Nobody is taking anything away from LA - they're a good team and had their chances to win.  But Central didn't shoot very well last night from the field or the free throw line, nor did they box out and rebound well.

Actually LA was 2-9 from the line in the fourth quarter missing four straight in the last 54 seconds. Also the first half was not that bad LA was 12-16  McMinn 8-11. Not a huge number over

That really surprises me. Seemed to me LA was hitting 90% of their ft's until the 4th quarter, and Central was only hitting about 60% the first three quarters. I stand corrected.

McMinn had 1 more at the line 16-25 LA 15-27

Exactly.  So the free throw excuse doesn't hold water.  I'm not sure why MC faithful are on here making excuses for only winning by 3 points.  You won!! Both teams were evenly matched. MC had 2 times to put the game away (leads by 8 and 10) but couldn't as LA rained down shots when they counted. To compare the last MC win by 18 or whatever it was is silly. Anyone who watched that game last night at the gym, like I did, saw 2 even teams. It could have gone either way. 

Exactly.  So the free throw excuse doesn't hold water.  I'm not sure why MC faithful are on here making excuses for only winning by 3 points.  You won!! Both teams were evenly matched. MC had 2 times to put the game away (leads by 8 and 10) but couldn't as LA rained down shots when they counted. To compare the last MC win by 18 or whatever it was is silly. Anyone who watched that game last night at the gym, like I did, saw 2 even teams. It could have gone either way. 

In the first game Lamb got in foul trouble in the first quarter and sat the most of the half they got 15 down early. Then played even the last three quarters. Not much difference in these two very good teams. What you would expect from number 2 and 9 in the state 

In the first game Lamb got in foul trouble in the first quarter and sat the most of the half they got 15 down early. Then played even the last three quarters. Not much difference in these two very good teams. What you would expect from number 2 and 9 in the state 

Is Lamb #14?  She's a very good all around player, but has a temper. When she came off the floor with her 4th foul she slammed the chair with her fist. When she fouled out she pointed toward the ref when she got to the sideline and cursed him, then she kicked the chair and slammed the chair with her fist again. The ref didn't see any of that or she would have got a technical.