Middleton vs. Dresden

tigerfanatic

I think its pretty evident now how Middleton and Gibson County stack up.  GC and Dresden played to two close overtime games this year. Middleton beats Dresden by 23 and it could have been worse.  All I can say is I hope GC and Middleton are in opposite brackets.  I would love to see these two play in the Championship game but it wont happen. Watch out for Pickett County.

Edited by Greenfieldfan

Middleton also blew out Union city, which GC struggled with twice...but at the same time, GC blew Liberty out twice and Middleton struggled with them both times. Sometimes, it's all about matchups. Thing is that in the state tourny, there's little time for preparation. It's going to be interesting.

Congrats to Middleton on the win, I'll be the first to say when you are previous year state champs and haven't lost a game for two years you should be the favorite to win it all this year. Granted I'm a Dresden fan but we do tend to struggle more in the limelight games. We had our chance to avoid Middleton but we couldn't close against GC. I hope you two get to match up soon.

Congrats to Dresden on a very good season!!!!

Congrats to Middleton on the win, I'll be the first to say when you are previous year state champs and haven't lost a game for two years you should be the favorite to win it all this year. Granted I'm a Dresden fan but we do tend to struggle more in the limelight games. We had our chance to avoid Middleton but we couldn't close against GC. I hope you two get to match up soon.

Congrats to Dresden on a very good season!!!!

congrats

The gym is clean and well cared for. You were treated with respect. I'm sure of that. And as for being rude, everyone deserves the chance to see. We sent you 500 tickets. You should have bought more than 110 and then you wouldn't have had Middleton fans sitting with you.

You seemed to know a lot about about Middleton and everything that goes on behind the scenes. I'm just wondering how many people does the Middleton gym hold? Was this game a sellout?

The gym is clean and well cared for. You were treated with respect. I'm sure of that. And as for being rude, everyone deserves the chance to see. We sent you 500 tickets. You should have bought more than 110 and then you wouldn't have had Middleton fans sitting with you.

Scotts Hill had the same commentary a few years back, for the same reasons. Local fans packed our gym (holds 1600) after the road team didn't sell their tickets...then claimed cheating ref's, unfair treatment, and rude fans... didn't mention that they were outplayed at all.

I've been to Middleton dozens of times for games, and apart from dehydration and a touch of heat stroke (lol) my treatment has always been first rate there.